Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another pass this year. Again another advisory for rust. I rubbed down and hammerited both subframes the other year, but the advisory is for general underbody corrosion. Anyone used lanoguard - my regime of hammerite and wayoil doens't seem to be working (or it's just the car getting older). On top it looks perfect, not a spot of rust.

• Like 1

Would help if you have any pics of the corrosion.

For what it's worth, last year I washed the underside and then gave everything a spray of Dynax UB. I also cleaned out the wheel wells and sprayed them with Dynax S50. The Dynax stuff comes in a can with a long wand attachment with a 360 degree spray head, so it's easy to stick into any cavities and spray. Two coats of each are good.

Once that was dry, for good measure I gave everything a spray of ACF 50. The Dynax should be good for 2 or 3 years, probably more in the wheel wells, so I just respray the underside with ACF 50 annually, as that part only takes about 20 minutes, as you can get under an RX without having to lift it. I also periodically give the underside a rinse with a lawn sprinkler in winter to wash off any road salt.

Points to note. Cover the brakes with a plastic bag before spraying, and put a plastic sheet or cardboard under the car, as the drips (particularly from the ACF 50) will make a mess, and leave for a day or two to dry.

I do all this late Sept/early Oct, as it's just after my annual service and MOT, and ahead of winter without it being too cold to be messsing about.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Russell Wheeler said:

Another pass this year. Again another advisory for rust. I rubbed down and hammerited both subframes the other year, but the advisory is for general underbody corrosion. Anyone used lanoguard - my regime of hammerite and wayoil doens't seem to be working (or it's just the car getting older). On top it looks perfect, not a spot of rust.

Yes, pics. Would be helpful for others.

On 11/26/2023 at 9:14 PM, Russell Wheeler said:

Anyone used lanoguard ...

I do...

I like it very much and apply it myself. ( Using ramps ).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links