Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Accident Care - Not what it seems?

My 2 month old NX 450 suffered a cracked radiator grill and spoiler after an encounter with a suicidal hawk.

A Google Search for 'Lexus Bodyshop' linked to Lexus Accident Care on the Lexus UK website.

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/accident-care.

Benefits stated: 

Arrange  Roadside Recovery - not needed

Liaise with your insurer and handle on your behalf - No they don't! Their involvement ends once they have a sorted out a Lexus Approved Bodyshop.

Arrange a replacement vehicle to keep you mobile while your Lexus is in for repair - No they don't! - Arrangement  of a loan car is between You and Your Insurance Company / You and the Bodyshop

I have raised a complaint with the third party that provides the 'service' as the page is misleading and am waiting for a response. 

I have also raised the issue with Lexus Customer Relations. Their initial response was that it was matter between me and the the third party company. I pointed out that the service was advertised as 'Lexus Accident Care' and that it was on their website which means that someone at Lexus had, at some stage signed off on it. I further stated that, at best, the webpage was misleading.

I am waiting on responses which I will post on here> 

Edited by MarcG
Missing question mark in title
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

These 'services' are one reason why are insurance prices are so high - please don't use them if you don't have to.

I suspect the reason why they aren't doing everything they claim on the website is because there isn't a third party at fault that they can claim against.

• Like 6

On 11/30/2023 at 6:34 PM, ColinBarber said:

These 'services' are one reason why are insurance prices are so high - please don't use them if you don't have to.

I suspect the reason why they aren't doing everything they claim on the website is because there isn't a third party at fault that they can claim against.

I Think Your Right Colin...!!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links