Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, I have a 2014 GS300h. Had it serviced at a Lexus dealer last month and they noticed a small puncture which they repaired. Since then the tpms has been playing up. The warning light on the dash flashes for a couple of minutes then stops. When I look at the pressures none of the pressures for the four tyres show. I initially thought that maybe a Battery in one of the sensors (from the tyre they repaired?) needed replacing. However, I then thought that if one needed replacing it would only show that one on the screen with no pressure as not working. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I’m not entirely sure how the system works. Obviously if a Battery needs replacing then that’s my problem and not covered by warranty. All failing at once seems a bit coincidental. Before taking it back I was wondering what peoples experience or thoughts may be. 
 Thanks 

Try resetting the TPMS. Set the pressures you want manually with a compressor (maybe at a garage).

Then locate a hard-to-see button under the dash - it's about central and set back from the edge of the dash. There are two buttons there - one is for TPMS and one for AFS. Press and hold the TPMS button until the tyre pressure warning light blinks 3 times (you need to have power on while doing this)

See the Owners manual!

• Like 1

I noticed at some tyre places they seat the tyre using very high pressure for a small amount of time - you can hear the 'bang' as the tyre bead seats. I guess it is possible this could damage the tpms sensor in some way due to the shock wave this seating method creates.  I have no evidence whatsoever to support this, so please take with a very large pinch of salt.

Alan, as an experiment you could try swapping out the repaired wheel for the spare for a short time to see if the problem is with that wheel, or it is a systematic error. 

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Sherra said:

double check that it says "Low Tire"  and not "System Error"

No messages at all. Just doesn’t show the pressures!

IMG_6402.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links