Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

another strange thing

Owned my rx400h for 12months now,in this time strange things have happened.

tailgate not working on the key or the dash button then working again. . heater not working properly then working properly again.

now the exterior mirrors dip down when I select reverse.

I wonder what next.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, jdlexus said:

tailgate not working on the key or the dash button then working again. . heater not working properly then working properly again.

I wonder what next.

Yup all standard 400 idio-syncrasies. Heater issues – check you have correctly filled your radiator – or look for leaks. Airlocks?

Dip down wings when reversing is a kerb watching feature

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.i must have pressed the mirror button by mistake now I know I will probably use that function again.

As for self healing I wish it would heal the body seams that let in water that fills the rear foot well and make the head lights brighter 

It's really appreciate that member have such knowledge 

This is very sad John, because I seem to recall that you're the one who said this was the worst car you'd owned?  Which variant is it?  Maybe the SE-L what with the dipping mirrors and the auto-tailgate. 🤔

Mine's the SR, next to basic, same year as yours but doesn't have those fancy extras. I've also had mine for 12 months and I'm very happy with it ... but maybe you don't want to hear that! 🤨

Sorry that you've still got issues but not much I can suggest other than hang on in there and I hope things improve. 🤞

• Like 1

Dropped the car to my mechanic for a quick inspection.he recons it's likely the thermostat, having looked on YouTube it seems to be a real problem dismantling half the engine, but he also thinks it might be an air block 

Will just wait and see what happens in the new year 

On 12/17/2023 at 10:35 AM, jdlexus said:

I wonder what next.

The mirrors are supposed to 😉

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links