Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES 300h Model 2024 Query

MKR

Has the 2024 model been launched in the UK yet? I placed an order for a Lexus ES 300h back in November. Yesterday, the dealer informed me that they have a car in stock and can deliver it in January, but it's a 2023 model. When I inquired about the possibility of receiving a 2024 model, they mentioned that the MY24 hasn't been released and would take another 6 months. This information doesn't seem accurate. Can anyone offer suggestions on what steps can be taken next?

The model year change over is usually in August, so MY23 ran from August 22 to July 23, and MY24 is August 2023 to July 2024. Your order placed in November 2023 would have been for 2024 specification, although I don't know if there were any changes from MY23 to MY24. I don't understand why the dealer is saying MY24 has not been released, as I would have thought it been being supplied since September/October 2023.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dippo said:

The model year change over is usually in August, so MY23 ran from August 22 to July 23, and MY24 is August 2023 to July 2024. Your order placed in November 2023 would have been for 2024 specification, although I don't know if there were any changes from MY23 to MY24. I don't understand why the dealer is saying MY24 has not been released, as I would have thought it been being supplied since September/October 2023.

Hello Dippo, I placed an order for an ES in September 2023 and apparently will receive it on the 18th January 2024, assuming the Suez canal isn't closed after recent attacks on shipping. All information I have received regards my order indicates its a MY23 which seems to be in conflict with what you have said above? Cheers Barry

• Like 1

Let's put it this way - my car was built in September 2022, and I took delivery in December 2022. I was told it was MY 23. MY23 was the first year they added canbus encryption; I assume mine has it because when some scrotes tried to steal mine, they unclipped the front wing, and disconnected the headlamp, but didn't manage to steal it. It also has the revised multimedia as fitted to the NX, which I believe was a change for MY23.

I did also spend all my working life working for car importers and manufacturers!

1 hour ago, Dippo said:

Let's put it this way - my car was built in September 2022, and I took delivery in December 2022. I was told it was MY 23. MY23 was the first year they added canbus encryption; I assume mine has it because when some scrotes tried to steal mine, they unclipped the front wing, and disconnected the headlamp, but didn't manage to steal it. It also has the revised multimedia as fitted to the NX, which I believe was a change for MY23.

I did also spend all my working life working for car importers and manufacturers!

There’s some uncertainty over whether MY23 (or MY24] do have an encrypted canbus.

Generally speaking, Openpilot doesn’t work on cars with encrypted canbus - yet both model years of ES are listed as compatible: https://comma.ai/vehicles#lexus

https://github.com/commaai/openpilot/wiki/Toyota-Lexus#2021-toyota-ecu-security-key-support-new-steering_lka--more 

there’s more detail in the second link where originally it was presumed changes were made to introduce an encrypted canbus, but, later info suggests that isn’t the case…

Without confirmation from Lexus, no way to know for sure the newer ES are better protected….

• 3 weeks later...

The ES is based on the same platform as the Toyota Avalon and Camry, and the Avalon has now been discontinued. The ES and Avalon share a similar timeline. So wouldn't be surprised, if the ES was retired. Whereas the Camry is now been updated to the 2025 Camry and share all the similar designs to the new Prius - https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/camry/

So why is there no ES 2025? The ES 2024 has nothing new to offer. 

Just my two pennies' worth.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links