Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk3 Ls400 dash blanked-out

Malc1

I don’t know …… half hour ambling easy drive thru’ muddy, puddly Kent lanes and all ok, of course …… then approaching Sainsburys ALL the dash blacked-out and steering beginning to get not so easy ! 

Thought I’d head for the carpark …… to rest awhile and take stock 🤔

It’s happened rarely before ….. a couple of years ago the last time

Then blessed RELIEF …… all came back and back to normal ( as before ) 

Never been so relieved to see the dash all lit up 

I have no idea WHY just happy it’s happened before and like all good Ls400s experience some self-healing …… again 👍

Any thoughts ?

Malc 

Would you be on Santas naughty list?

When electrics are as intermittent and random as that I would have thought a connection issue, but clearly not one that persists so may be moisture where there shouldn't be any ?

Thinking about that a bit more wouldn't that actually cause shorting and blown fuses?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really don’t know …… other than with 28 years young electrics we’re maybe into the realms of anything’s possible ! 

Old Age plays many tricks 

Malc 

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

I'm beginning to become a believer.

Bunch of ageing Hippies! <LOL>

If the steering got heavy then that is mechanical/hydraulic so no idea how that could tie in with the dash going black.

• Like 1

The “ heavy effect “ might have been delusional ……. my imagining perhaps all sorts of fearful issues becoming imminent  …….. thankfully they didn’t 👌

Malc 

40 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

Bunch of ageing Hippies! <LOL>

We'll have you know we were fighting them on the beaches etc. Well not exactly, but we were doing something on the beaches even if we can't remember exactly what.

If the steering got heavy then that is mechanical/hydraulic so no idea how that could tie in with the dash going black.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Malc1 said:

have no idea WHY just happy it’s happened before and like all good Ls400s experience some self-healing

Sounds like the ignition switch caused it, few posts about it on here, wiggling the ignition key or switching off and on again resolves it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

Sounds like the ignition switch caused it, few posts about it on here, wiggling the ignition key or switching off and on again resolves it.

I was going to suggest the same thing, reguarly happened on my Mk3. Usually about 14-15 miles into a journey, I presume something warmed-up just enough to break contact. I just flicked the key round and back again and everything came on again.

• Like 1

Thank you so much …….. hope I remember that should it ever re-occur ….. in maybe another 5 years 👍

Our ancient steeds sure have foibles …… just like us 😄

Malc 

Nigel, jeez, remembering now from maybe a decade back you or some other kind soul suggested this when I had similar on an earlier Ls400 …….. way way back 

I never did as suggested …… can’t think why I forgot …… must be getting old and forgetful ……. Me and the car 😄

Malc 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/22/2023 at 6:55 AM, Malc1 said:

Thank you so much …….. hope I remember that should it ever re-occur

Happened the other day again AND I remembered to just gently wiggle the ignition key and ZAP all back to normal and ok  ..........  full set of dash lights again

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links