Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450h 2012 se-l premier questions

When manoeuvring at low speed with the steering on full lock there is an intermittent knocking noise from the passenger side front wheel area. This seemed to develop Into a constant creek when turning the wheel at any speed. Then a couple of days ago the creek stopped but the knocking is still there. Anyone else experienced similar? 

Another thing I've noticed is that when we bought the car I'm fairly certain the ride height indicator was not visible on the dashboard unless you changed the ride height to Low or High. However now it is constantly present. The indicator light isn't flashing or anything but it's always there. Is that normal? 

Could possibly be a top suspension bearing, 

Lexus will only change the complete strut however there is a place I believe in Gloucester who can refurbish them.

The level indicator light is always illuminated on my 2010 RX450H showing the current position of the suspension.

• Like 2

I’m having same knocking/ banging on full lock same side, although mine is standard suspension from past experience it feels like a cv joint issue which I need to check out, my wheel was physically wobbling on watching while wife pull out of driveway.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Have read lots about the top mount bearing being a problem and also the CV joint. Had a look in the wheel arch and can't see anything obviously untoward. Haven't had a look at the top mount. The car is booked into the garage on the 3rd so we will see what they say. There is also a sort of rumble/hollow noise from the passenger side wheel when we go over a pothole which might be related. 

On 12/30/2023 at 6:33 PM, Andy86 said:

Thanks for the replies. Have read lots about the top mount bearing being a problem and also the CV joint. Had a look in the wheel arch and can't see anything obviously untoward. Haven't had a look at the top mount. The car is booked into the garage on the 3rd so we will see what they say. There is also a sort of rumble/hollow noise from the passenger side wheel when we go over a pothole which might be related. 

What did the garage find on yours Andy

It's the top mount bearing. As mentioned Lexus will only supply the whole suspension arm. Looking at how easy it will be to send the top mount away for a new bearing. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links