Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

I’m beginning to think my strategy is wrong.

I’m going to look at lower price ones maybe under £7500.

I’ve looked at a few on AT and there doesn’t appear to be much difference  between some of the sun £7500 and those I’ve been looking at.

I like the thoughts that you folks have had of buying one at a price where I build in some spare money to get it up to a standard I’m happy with.

As long as it’s genuine and has had as many of the key repairs done as is realistic at the price, I think that may be a better option for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, finchy40 said:

I’m beginning to think my strategy is wrong.

I’m going to look at lower price ones maybe under £7500.

I’ve looked at a few on AT and there doesn’t appear to be much difference  between some of the sun £7500 and those I’ve been looking at.

I like the thoughts that you folks have had of buying one at a price where I build in some spare money to get it up to a standard I’m happy with.

As long as it’s genuine and has had as many of the key repairs done as is realistic at the price, I think that may be a better option for me.

For me and Steve it was the hunt and then getting the price down ….i paid £3500 less than the dealers asking price .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Had a good amount of mechanical work done ..

"A face-lift MK2 SC430. Superior to the MK1. Comes with all the Lexus extras including the silky smooth 6 speed auto with manual  change option. Covered 160000 miles so it’s basically just run in.

▶️. .Recently had discs, pads, tyres, 4 genuine Denso O2 sensors, 4 new genuine KYB shock absorbers, rear ABS rings.◀️

Owned for the last 3 years and hardly ever used.

It comes in at the cheaper tax bracket being a 06 plate.

Number plate not included.

Everything works apart from the electric aerial. HPI clear.

It does have marks on the bodywork but its entry level price for a face-lift. Use it and tinker at weekends."

This is further away, but at it's current price might well be worth a look a long as you don't mind Silver. The dealer has had this on sale throughout last Autumn and it has gradually moved from £9500 to £6k . Obviously need the Reg to make initial checks on it's history ,but they say FSH with just 3 previous owners.

• Like 1

I’ve spoken to the owner of the liverpool one and it’s not for me……… Too many red flags.

What about KH51  on AT? 

KH51 is getting on a bit. I would want it to have been kept in a garage for most of its life, but service history does look decent and is a dealer so may get a deal. Would be more interested in any rust on underside than paint blemishes on top. It has "uprated" sound/nav system. Again worth a look.

What were Scouse red flags?

2 hours ago, finchy40 said:

I’ve spoken to the owner of the liverpool one and it’s not for me……… Too many red flags.

What about KH51  on AT? 

Frankly if you were going to go to Ilford to look at KH51 a 2002 @ 5450 you might be better served having a chat about the 2007 priced @ 6k. Mileage is same and they are both down there in the South.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Frankly if you were going to go to Ilford to look at KH51 a 2002 @ 5450 you might be better served having a chat about the 2007 priced @ 6k. Mileage is same and they are both down there in the South.

The KALAHARI SAND one is also down that way….make a weekend and blitz all the London area cars 👍🏻

• Like 1

Liverpool Guy admitted a number of panels where different shades and said that it had had some accident repair done. ‘Just panel damage’. 

He just sounded sketchy on a lot of things. 
Enough to make me feel uncomfortable with how genuine it is. 

So I went to look at the two in Bradford…… Blue and silver £12k ones.

Took me less than a minute to walk away from both. 
Id asked on the phone about visible marks and the lad had told me about three very small chips. The reality was more like two or three on every panel……. and most had been badly touched up.

Absolutely no way would I be forking out £12k for either of them!!!!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Makes me feel edgy about buying mine now! A few cosmetic blemishes. But hey, I have a 2008 one. That's what I tell myself.

If prices are on the up …we are both laughing all the way to the bank 😎

1 hour ago, finchy40 said:

Liverpool Guy admitted a number of panels where different shades and said that it had had some accident repair done. ‘Just panel damage’. 

He just sounded sketchy on a lot of things. 
Enough to make me feel uncomfortable with how genuine it is. 

So I went to look at the two in Bradford…… Blue and silver £12k ones.

Took me less than a minute to walk away from both. 
Id asked on the phone about visible marks and the lad had told me about three very small chips. The reality was more like two or three on every panel……. and most had been badly touched up.

Absolutely no way would I be forking out £12k for either of them!!!!

You probably know this, but be patient. There are never many 430 out there for sale and finding one worth having at any given time is hardwork. Let it take as long as it takes, but when you find one that is right don't flunk it trying to get the deal. If its right you don't want to lose it over a grand.

• Thanks 1

I honestly wouldn’t have minded the blemishes if I’d been paying £7k and the dealer had been honest. I walked away because if they can’t be honest about the things that are clearly visible, what could lay underneath. 
I know I’m buying an old car, it’s not going to be perfect but I’m not happy being deceived. 
Anyway, I will keep searching and see what comes up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob King said:

If prices are on the up …we are both laughing all the way to the bank 😎

Nah, fast appreciating asset my a..e. However, when it's right it's still a cheap way to drive a genuine top car.

Very sound advice Boomer and you’re spot on…….. I’ll know when it’s right and I’ll happily stump up a fair price for an honest car and owner.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links