Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 FOR SALE Chat

finchy40

10 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Interesting graphic about used cars now being even cheap …..lots of optimistically priced SC430 currently on the market then 😮

IMG_6387.jpeg

I don't know Bob. The underlying reasons for the drop off in price is pretty well covered by now. However, some of those criteria look likely to be turning around in the next quarter , or so. Albeit, I hear you on some of the current crop of SC430 that are out there. Due a dose of reality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Probably the type known as 'Bubblearse Aluminium' first invented by Jay Hawk Rustlearse from Rustville, Texarse.

Yes, I know I am never going to make it in stand-up.

Taxi for Boomer!!!!

• Haha 1

Ok Boys.

Black one has gone on autotrader and it’s just 20 miles from me so at last I can go and view one!!!

1 previous owner and he looks to have had it for 20 odd years.

MOT history is superb.

Havent seen the service log yet but from what I’ve read so far, I’d imagine it’ll be good.

102k miles for £5000.

Black wasn’t on my list but the car looks pretty good. 

Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, finchy40 said:

Ok Boys.

Black one has gone on autotrader and it’s just 20 miles from me so at last I can go and view one!!!

1 previous owner and he looks to have had it for 20 odd years.

MOT history is superb.

Havent seen the service log yet but from what I’ve read so far, I’d imagine it’ll be good.

102k miles for £5000.

Black wasn’t on my list but the car looks pretty good. 

Thoughts?

Looks clean and tidy , no mention of corrosion on the mot history .

observations ….rear headrests have been bleached in the sun (discouloured), roof latch trim not fitted correctly, so could of had a windscreen at some point .

I bought my first Black car two years back, was told it would be difficult to keep clean…no different than any dark coloured car .

Go look just as a tyre kicking exercise…yet it might be right for you 👍🏻👍🏻

IMG_6391.jpeg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Looks clean and tidy , no mention of corrosion on the mot history .

observations ….rear headrests have been bleached in the sun (discouloured), roof latch trim not fitted correctly, so could of had a windscreen at some point .

I bought my first Black car two years back, was told it would be difficult to keep clean…no different than any dark coloured car .

Go look just as a tyre kicking exercise…yet it might be right for you 👍🏻👍🏻

IMG_6391.jpeg

I love your eye for detail Bob. Just the sort of info I needed. As for black, you’ve made me feel a million times better as the ‘clean’ thing was a biggee. 

First owner 21 years , 2nd owner 10 months .

could be a very genuine car, give it a good check over that everything works.

headlamps a little discoloured but not bad , drivers seat cracked and worn but can be treated with leather dye cheaply.

Rear boot roller blind has a bit hanging off it on the left, check underside for mould .

front grill should be chrome and silver but it’s been painted Matt black , inspect behind for damage .

use all those things to haggle..you might get it cheaper 👍🏻 

• Like 2

Looking at the photos again the tyres/wheels fill out the arches well….then realised it has wheel spacers, not a problem with that along as they are good quality ones .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Was second owner a bit of a boy racer then? Then realised that he couldn't get to 400bhp without spending £10k.

Can be taken back of for originality but does need a closer inspection if it’s been tinkered with 🤔

just been looking at the area below the front grill, can’t see why it needed painting matt black, also sprayed over the chrome trim . 
    All fixable if the price is right 👍🏻

47 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Can be taken back of for originality but does need a closer inspection if it’s been tinkered with 🤔

just been looking at the area below the front grill, can’t see why it needed painting matt black, also sprayed over the chrome trim . 
    All fixable if the price is right 👍🏻

Looking at it overall on the front i think we are looking at someone's idea of colour coding. I cannot tell even on blowup if the chrome is wrapped ,or painted. Hopefully the former.

Apparently the last owner of just 10 months was an old fella who couldn’t get in and out very easily so moved it on.

He bought it for £6k.

There were a lot of red flags.

Creamy deposit inside oil filler cap and dodgy front grille that was hanging on by a thread. 

Bad sun scorch in the back.

Although tyres were Dunlop, they were all worn to different degrees. No two the same. 
The worst thing was no credible service history at all. Hasn’t been seen by Lexus ever as far as I could see. There wasn’t any service book available. 

Inside it felt really tired and grubby. Possibly an ex smokers car. 

On the flip side, it’s well priced for an old car and the dealer seemed like an honest enough bloke. I’m sure it’ll sell as it looks good at first glance…… just fussy beggars like me who it doesn’t suit. 

• Like 2

That’s the trouble with old people buying sports cars 😉…I find hand on the ground and just roll out onto the floor is the easiest way …then dust myself off 😁😁

You could price the bits and jobs up on the car but it’s no longer a cheap car then ☹️

Still hope for you to get a winter/spring bargain 👍🏻

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, finchy40 said:

Apparently the last owner of just 10 months was an old fella who couldn’t get in and out very easily so moved it on.

He bought it for £6k.

There were a lot of red flags.

Creamy deposit inside oil filler cap and dodgy front grille that was hanging on by a thread. 

Bad sun scorch in the back.

Although tyres were Dunlop, they were all worn to different degrees. No two the same. 
The worst thing was no credible service history at all. Hasn’t been seen by Lexus ever as far as I could see. There wasn’t any service book available. 

Inside it felt really tired and grubby. Possibly an ex smokers car. 

On the flip side, it’s well priced for an old car and the dealer seemed like an honest enough bloke. I’m sure it’ll sell as it looks good at first glance…… just fussy beggars like me who it doesn’t suit. 

I have just enquired about a red and cream one in Shipley. Not for me, but to pass over to you for info. Just arrived yesterday, but no pics yet.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I have just enquired about a red and cream one in Shipley. Not for me, but to pass over to you for info. Just arrived yesterday, but no pics yet.

What didn’t you like about it from what they told you ?

12 minutes ago, Bob King said:

What didn’t you like about it ?

take it no photo available yet ?

Bob, there is nothing I don't like about it and no pics yet,but I have asked for some. Fact is I have a SC430 and yes may be like another. However, our friend here doesn't yet have one and wants one so I'm not going to get in the way of that.

Friends here might think differently, but I would say after Blue/Cream Mr markets next favourite colourway for the SC430 is Red/Cream. Not too many come up though and not at this sort of price level.

Colour me confused !! The SC430 mentioned earlier is described as Indigo Red and it's online MOT history describes it has Red, but beggar me the pics came up on line and it's Black !!! Respray? MOT history itself looks good. Registered just prior to road tax changing  in Mar 2006 so lower road tax band. Black with Ecru leather. On the face of it looks very nice actually. Devil will be in the detail as usual.. Totalcarcheck time.

Woa it's got facelist rear lights!6

Correction, it is not Black, it is Indigo  Velvet which I suspect may be Aubergine.

7 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Looks black. No name tyres.

Price is not bad though.

They just took the pics in twilight and that makes it look black. Spoke with them and it's likely what we usually call Aubergine.

I like Indigo Pearl (code 3P6) it like a double personality..black on overcast days and a metallic plum in direct sunlight 😎

This car in question..paintwork look very very good, wheel repaint was a bad colour choice, should have stuck with the original colour . Seats are tired due to mileage but can be treated with leather dye.

N\S headlamp much clearer than the other side, suspect it’s been replaced, so question mark on minor bump on that corner .

Worth a look for the money if it’s had all the servicing done & water pump/ belt sorted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links