Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I’m not sure how many active members there on here with an orange RC-F.  Think there are around 10 in total sold.

Wasn’t me, wrong country!

That guy with orange RC-F must be local, because when I test drive the cars from Lexus Woodford I always get onto some local roads, then come out to M25 ~J25-27 and I seen Orange RC-F there twice. When I test drove LC500, there was Orange RC-F going anti-clockwise, when I drove ES300h, there was again Orange RC-F going clockwise. And this was like year apart, so I thought what a coincidence.

Haha small world eh!

It looked awesome. I'm guessing it was modded (apologies if it wasnt), looked super wide and low! 

46 minutes ago, Jezpatel said:

Haha small world eh!

It looked awesome. I'm guessing it was modded (apologies if it wasnt), looked super wide and low! 

Mine is lowered with wheel spacers and completely transforms the stance of the car, certainly makes it appear lower/wider.  

10 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Mine is lowered with wheel spacers and completely transforms the stance of the car, certainly makes it appear lower/wider.  

I agree the RCF does benefit from being lowered, I'll probably do mine in the future although I've been thinking about doing it for quite a while now.

3 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I agree the RCF does benefit from being lowered, I'll probably do mine in the future although I've been thinking about doing it for quite a while now.

It’s worth trying the swift springs on an AVS car before going down the coilover route.  Lowering the car doesn’t seem to have had any negative effects on the ride….

3 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

It’s worth trying the swift springs on an AVS car before going down the coilover route.  Lowering the car doesn’t seem to have had any negative effects on the ride….

I agree, I had seen that some some USA owners had used Swift springs so I'll follow suit. Did you fit yours by yourself?

4 hours ago, B1RMA said:

I agree, I had seen that some some USA owners had used Swift springs so I'll follow suit. Did you fit yours by yourself?

Yea, ended up fitting them myself, wasnt a bad job as long as you have a set of spring compressors and an offset 17mm (I think) ring spanner for the top nut.  Would budget around 4hrs for all 4 corners...

4 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

This one was up for sale a while back and I distinctly remember it because it was orange and modified, so potentially frequents the M25 now!

0c10d64be33a7618b6af74f3ffa8618e_499055.thumb.jpg.2b0772467b1002f42a59b1c19ed2cc49.jpge9c9ccefe86c380eebceaa55a71d5172_499055.thumb.jpg.b7929eab452e674cadf26e6525871111.jpg

I vaguely remember this (or a similar car) being sold in Ireland a few years ago.  I also saw an orange carbon for sale on Cazoo at the time I was looking for mine too.  Both early cars as it would happen.

I'm a little conflicted by the carbon cars, really like a lot of the styling cues but struggle with the carbon bonnet.  I like almost everything about the above car but would swap the bonnet for orange and perhaps remove the front wing inserts....

Interestingly, also has the same wheels as my car and have started to notice a bit of lacquer flaking so was considering painting them black...think I might give it a go in the spring now I've seen them!

I think the kit that is on the car is Maxton, which are usually flimsy bits of plastic, nothing substantial but for a cheap option to add style, I understand why someone would opt for them and ultimately, each to their own.

I love carbon if used correctly, but I agree, it doesn't suit the orange, a black or grey car possibly because it isn't as glaringly different.

Lovely when you see something you were thinking of doing on another car and having your doubts erased!

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

I think the kit that is on the car is Maxton, which are usually flimsy bits of plastic, nothing substantial but for a cheap option to add style, I understand why someone would opt for them and ultimately, each to their own.

I love carbon if used correctly, but I agree, it doesn't suit the orange, a black or grey car possibly because it isn't as glaringly different.

Lovely when you see something you were thinking of doing on another car and having your doubts erased!

It does look like the maxton kit and have been considering it for a while. Keep putting it off as the car starts to look very ‘modified’ once you install it and quite like the OEM+ look I’ve got at the moment.

I must admit, I struggle with the carbon bonnet on all the pre-facelift cars, irrespective of colour.  Strangely enough however, facelift cars seem to suit it much better…. Can’t explain it!!

I’m actually considering a really bright sliver for the wheels also, freshen it up from the factory gunmetal and polished look.  Black just looks a bit more angry/speedy/racy/ricer which the boy racer in me still loves!! Guilty pleasure I suppose.

10 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

It does look like the maxton kit and have been considering it for a while. Keep putting it off as the car starts to look very ‘modified’ once you install it and quite like the OEM+ look I’ve got at the moment.

I must admit, I struggle with the carbon bonnet on all the pre-facelift cars, irrespective of colour.  Strangely enough however, facelift cars seem to suit it much better…. Can’t explain it!!

I’m actually considering a really bright sliver for the wheels also, freshen it up from the factory gunmetal and polished look.  Black just looks a bit more angry/speedy/racy/ricer which the boy racer in me still loves!! Guilty pleasure I suppose.

I struggle with the carbon bonnet too. Back in August I went to try a white Yaris GR with a carbon bonnet and I really didn't like it. I can understand a carbon roof but the bonnet just doesn't float my boat.

With regards to the Swift springs I have a guy who does any work to my cars and he is well capable of doing the work although I will have to mention the leads to the AVS. Having said that I've been thinking of going full 'Pimp my Ride' and getting an air suspension system installed.

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I struggle with the carbon bonnet too. Back in August I went to try a white Yaris GR with a carbon bonnet and I really didn't like it. I can understand a carbon roof but the bonnet just doesn't float my boat.

With regards to the Swift springs I have a guy who does any work to my cars and he is well capable of doing the work although I will have to mention the leads to the AVS. Having said that I've been thinking of going full 'Pimp my Ride' and getting an air suspension system installed.

The AVS leads on the top of the dampers are really fiddly and a proprietary clip design that I ended up having to use a really narrow flat head screwdriver to split.  The individual wires are quite delicate and the ride becomes terrible if they aren’t reconnected correctly.  Combined with the fact the car doesn’t throw any error codes can make it a pain!

I don’t mind the carbon bonnet look on other cars, just think it doesn’t suit the pre-facelift RCF in particular.  Perhaps something to do with headlight design and front end styling.

Id perhaps consider air ride if it softens the ride further but remember it being really pricy and required modifications…. 

I prefer carbon accents than full panels of carbon, the roof can be an exception.

I have been looking at the 2017 NSX as they are bargain money compared to the Astons I liked, it can come with a carbon kit and it just looks 100x better with rather than without.

12 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Same! First RCF I drove was actually a white with carbon pack. It felt too boy racer which was weird for a Lexus. And I certainly couldn't feel the difference, in fact the non-carbon I drove after felt faster if anything (which I ended up buying). Realistically they shouldn't have bothered with carbon at all, they should have done weight savings in other places first. It's a lot of money for a 20 KGs saving on an 1800KG car. The funny thing is the standard bonnet is already quite light being aluminium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

I prefer carbon accents than full panels of carbon, the roof can be an exception.

I have been looking at the 2017 NSX as they are bargain money compared to the Astons I liked, it can come with a carbon kit and it just looks 100x better with rather than without.

I too have looked at the NSX, nice cars and I think they will do well in years to come.  Really rare too compared to their competition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jgtcracer said:

I too have looked at the NSX, nice cars and I think they will do well in years to come.  Really rare too compared to their competition.

Yeah the rare and unique factor (much like why I chose a GS F) is pulling me in, plus its Japanese, always had good fortune with them! Just wish it had a V8 😞

8 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Yeah the rare and unique factor (much like why I chose a GS F) is pulling me in, plus its Japanese, always had good fortune with them! Just wish it had a V8 😞

Yea, though haven’t driven one so can’t comment on the engine.  Sure it will still feel special…having had the FK8 Type R the other thing that puts me off are certain aspects of the interior such as the infotainment.  I’d argue it’s not much better than the Lexus!  Not sure if the early NSX came with CarPlay but if it didn’t it would be a must!

11 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Yea, though haven’t driven one so can’t comment on the engine.  Sure it will still feel special…having had the FK8 Type R the other thing that puts me off are certain aspects of the interior such as the infotainment.  I’d argue it’s not much better than the Lexus!  Not sure if the early NSX came with CarPlay but if it didn’t it would be a must!

Never had a Honda product before, my brother now works for Honda Europe and has access to pool cars, I am reminding him at every opportunity to get a new Type R so I can have a spin 😛

Yeah the NSX interior was always a criticism, until I get in one, hard to feel anything towards it. Unsure on the car play front.

2 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Never had a Honda product before, my brother now works for Honda Europe and has access to pool cars, I am reminding him at every opportunity to get a new Type R so I can have a spin 😛

Yeah the NSX interior was always a criticism, until I get in one, hard to feel anything towards it. Unsure on the car play front.

Not got a particular issue with the interior styling/quality, the infotainment will be terrible however.  Got a real soft spot for Honda however and would certainly own an NSX over an R8/Huracan or similar!

I also have a soft spot for Honda, I had a CRX 1.6i and it was a blast. Loved the car, but eventually succumbed to rust. Then later on I got an Accord Type R with the H22A VTEC engine, incredible driver's car, didn't keep it long for various reasons, miss the sound though. The old NSX is my favourite car, I just think they look so cool. Would love to own one one day, maybe when I have some more garage space. My A110 is basically a baby NSX though 😁

On 1/9/2024 at 3:03 PM, hockeyedwards said:

Might be a bit of a stretch to call it Japanese, it was co-developed with Honda North America and built in their Ohio plant. I agree it looks great, the main problem for UK owners apparently is servicing as you can't just take them to any Honda dealership, I think it's 2 specific dealerships (one's in London and the other might be Manchester iirc).

A V8 would be great, I often have fantasies about a 2UR-GSE in a mid-engined car.

7 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Might be a bit of a stretch to call it Japanese, it was co-developed with Honda North America and built in their Ohio plant. I agree it looks great, the main problem for UK owners apparently is servicing as you can't just take them to any Honda dealership, I think it's 2 specific dealerships (one's in London and the other might be Manchester iirc).

Yeah I remember watching the videos on its development, still Japanese in my mind 😛 and yeahhh that has been a bit of a sticking point regarding servicing, not so sure I can be bothered with that.

Might just have to get an Aston 🤷‍♂️

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links