Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mossy's SC430

Mossypossy

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Ah.

the wires in the windshield are the FM antenna and the telescoping mast is the AM antenna

Someone's been reading their manual.

1 minute ago, Mossypossy said:

Bit of a moot point when FM is killed off. So all these folk who get squirrelly over their broken radio masts? 

I don't listen to radio, but I like an aerial that works if only because the image of roof down, aerial up bending slightly with the wind is just an iconic thing to see. Who cares if it is actually receiving music etc when these day we have other better ways of doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to do a bit of adjusting to fit slightly oversized spare. 155 vs 145.

Removed bit of trim under boot lip for better fit. Threw a grey fluffy towel over it. Boom.

IMG_20240201_145740.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Removed bit of trim under boot lip for better fit. Threw a grey fluffy towel over it. Boom.

IMG_20240201_145740.jpg

Hmm, travel Lodge with be looking for you.

IMG_20240201_145740.jpg

Now you could cut the grey boot mat to fit or get a spare one and cut that …..or sheet 8mm ply and cover in grey cloth trim 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Mossypossy said:

Will probs cut old one to fit. No going back once the car has a spare. Who would want to retro fit bottle of goo in the future?

It’s made from a plastic honeycone so cuts easy with a jigsaw, I made a cardboard temple first, then cut around it.

Making a cardboard temple is going quite far. Might stick with a plastic church.

Went with extra space on inside. Did you bolt wheel to car? I have just wedged mine.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bob King said:

It’s made from a plastic honeycone so cuts easy with a jigsaw, I made a cardboard temple first, then cut around it.

Cut from above or below?

12 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Cut from above or below?

Jigsaws cut on the downstroke so the side away from you gets any speltching. If you are using plastic there should not be much speltching if you are using a fine toothed metal blade. However you can make any speltching irrelevant if you cut with topside facing upwards.

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Jigsaws cut on the downstroke so the side away from you gets any speltching

Oooh I like that word  spelching!.   " Hello dear I'm just nipping out for a bit of spelching might be home late "

BTW I looked it up and spelching seems to be the correct orthography - sorry to disappoint but speltching sounded even more exotic.

Anyway no need to Kvetch about the spelch.

Making a cardboard temple is going quite far. Might stick with a plastic church.

Went with extra space on inside. Did you bolt wheel to car? I have just wedged mine.

I cut a bit of the trim at the back of the boot and wedged it in.

Cut from above or below?

I had masking tape across the top as I’d marked it using the template, then cut from the top.

2 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

What size was your spare Bob?

I have cut out the lip from the trim under the boot panel that has the logo. Hopefully that will be enough.

You’re asking something now ! My wheel was an odd one as I’ve not seen another on eBay like it .

I seem to recall cutting these bits away to clear rim and make it a tighter fit .

IMG_6492.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Bob King said:

You’re asking something now ! My wheel was an odd one as I’ve not seen another on eBay like it .

I seem to recall cutting these bits away to clear rim and make it a tighter fit .

IMG_6492.jpeg

This is a wee bit different moulding than mine. More of a ridge runs across mine above the red circles.

This is getting very boringworthy!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links