Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mossy's SC430

Mossypossy

Sure you've not landed in Stephen's driveway in Preston?😚

BTW nicely composed photo with the focal point being the dog's backend😁 nicely balanced by the other mutt on the step.

IMG_20240409_155142.jpg

Parked up and was mugged by an old lady and had to buy a jar of her honey. Sort of protection money for looking out for my car.

IMG_20240409_155158.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OMG what have you done with the dog?

IMG_20240409_155158.jpg

I hope this is not where it ended up.🤐

Portuguese Bean Stew with Chouriço Recipe

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Parked up and was mugged by an old lady and had to buy a jar of her honey. Sort of protection money for looking out for my car.

IMG_20240409_155158.jpg

Organic axel grease substitute.

Found a 20 year old Rioja in my travels.

Might crack it open at the weekend.

Beer was the reward for a 9 mile hike today after being mugged by a posse of puppies on the way back.

Many a dog in Portugal.

IMG_20240410_141505.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Found a 20 year old Rioja in my travels.

Might crack it open at the weekend.

Beer was the reward for a 9 mile hike today after being mugged by a posse of puppies on the way back.

Many a dog in Portugal.

IMG_20240410_141505.jpg

You know I cannot look at a photo like that without feeling just a tinge of sadness that we have lost something in the name of 'progress'. A  scene like that here would be accompanied by the local council pet control armed with fines. Could be the wrong word choice ,but the word bucolic comes to mind when I look at that pic.

Oh, post a shot of the rioja label although I bet money it's local market not for export.!

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

Probably knackered

At risk of offending  I can give you some background info.

It's Ramon Bilbao - not a quality marque. It's a crianza - not a gran reserva which says that crianza wines are for drinking young and not really for keeping. So you are probably right, it will be well past its best. However, if it was kept properly it may still retain some of its character although it is more likely to be oxidised and taste more like sherry. Even a gran reserva is best drunk within 10 yrs, but some exceptional wines can change character and present interesting flavours, not necessarily nice ones. As someone once said " There are no good wines, just good bottles"

Info from a good website-  for boring mens club members only:-

• Crianza: The red wines in this classification are aged in oak for a minimum of one year, followed by a few months of aging in the bottle before release. The white wines spend only six months in an oak cask and age for an additional six months in the bottle before release. You’ll likely find plenty of Rioja Crianza bottles anywhere wine is sold, as it’s the most widely-distributed classification. Crianza has an excellent quality-to-price ratio; you’ll get some of the mature flavors of fine Rioja for less than $15 per bottle, on average. Like basic Rioja, however, Crianza isn’t considered an age-worthy wine. You can keep these wines in storage for up to five years, but it’s best to drink them young.
  • Reserva: Producers are highly selective when they pick grapes for a reserva label. This classification is made from high-quality grapes during years when the growing season was favorable. Estates don’t produce a reserva label every year. In addition to selectivity, producers also have to age red Rioja reserva for at least one year in oak and two more years in the bottle. Similarly, reserva blanco must be aged for at least six months in oak and two years in the bottle. For this reason, these wines are potentially worth storing long-term. While not all Rioja reserva will age for decades, most of these wines drink well ten to 15 years after release. Aging reserva comes down to personal preference. If you enjoy fruit-forward, lively wines, try to drink your reserva immediately. If you prefer wines with a bit more complexity, or if the vintage tastes a little too closed-off, try keeping your reserva in storage for a longer period of time.
  • Gran Reserva: This is the highest classification of Rioja and it has the greatest aging potential. Like reserva, gran reserva is made from only the most selective grape harvests. Producers are even more selective when they make gran reserva, however, choosing to label their wine with this classification only if the growing season was near-perfect. Red Rioja gran reserva must also spend a minimum of two years in oak and an additional three years in the bottle before it’s released on the market. Likewise, gran reserva blanco spends six months in oak barrels and an additional two years in the bottle. Estates like Contino, Marques de Murrieta, and Fernando Ramirez de Ganuza occasionally extend this aging process in order to bring out the best flavors in the wine. If you have a bottle of gran reserva in your cellar, treat it like royalty; these wines are exceptionally rare and are only released once every few years, on average. You’ll want to cellar the bottle for a minimum of ten years; however, most gran reserva drinks beautifully 20 or even 30 years after release.

Viña Ardanza, un vino reserva de gran calidad. Rioja Alta.

Imperial Tinto Gran Reserva 2008

Viña Real Gran Reserva 2011 - Buy Red Gran Reserva Wine - Rioja - Viña Real

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mossypossy said:

Luckily it cost me nowt.

I used to be a wine merchant and have experienced many a knackered wine, though some unexpected survivors.

Probably worth every penny you paid for it then.😏.

I agree completely about unexpected survivors although the most likely is the unexpected disasters ( especially French wines ) of which I have experienced many.

All you can do is taste it and see - and keep a bottle of something else in reserve just in case.😇

• Haha 1

Please let us know if it was actually drinkable or what it tasted like.

1 hour ago, GMB said:

Please let us know if it was actually drinkable or what it tasted like.

If the silence is extens😉ive we can guess the answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

If the silence is extens😉ive we can guess the answer.

Let me help with a possible diagnostic/tasting note on this wine:

Appearance: Brown

Nose/Aroma: Dog's fart

Taste: Mouldy cardboard and dead leaves

Finish:  Yeeeuurgh!

Then again it could be marvellous?🫡

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

This was plumbed in.

IMG_20240411_114902.jpg

Out in the open ..so no need to "I’d leave it 5mins mate" 😁😁

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links