Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Remote Key - noticed car unlocks upon approach

Hapsit12

Hi guys! 

I am an NX 300h f-sport 2015 model owner. Love the car to bits! 

I have noticed with the remote key recently, when approaching the car it would unlock upon approach. Since I have owned the car for almost 4 years now, this has never happened. I have always had to walk up to the car and just reach for the handle inside and it would unlock then. Is this normal? Mixed feelings about this "feature" always liked how in the dark the LED lights in doors come up only when I am a meter away and I open the door all other lights come up. 

The remote key is held in a pouch (always) just got used to that and it never seems to cause issues for the car to recognise the presence of the key. The pouch is one of those signal blocking ones. However when close to car it all works fine. 

Also, is there a way to set up a way when you walk away form the car, it closes it self after a short period? I have tried to walk away and waited for minutes but the car would remain unlocked. 

Many thanks all! 

22 minutes ago, Hapsit12 said:

Hi guys! 

I am an NX 300h f-sport 2015 model owner. Love the car to bits! 

I have noticed with the remote key recently, when approaching the car it would unlock upon approach. Since I have owned the car for almost 4 years now, this has never happened. I have always had to walk up to the car and just reach for the handle inside and it would unlock then. Is this normal? Mixed feelings about this "feature" always liked how in the dark the LED lights in doors come up only when I am a meter away and I open the door all other lights come up. 

The remote key is held in a pouch (always) just got used to that and it never seems to cause issues for the car to recognise the presence of the key. The pouch is one of those signal blocking ones. However when close to car it all works fine. 

Also, is there a way to set up a way when you walk away form the car, it closes it self after a short period? I have tried to walk away and waited for minutes but the car would remain unlocked. 

Many thanks all! 

I believe this could be a fault (or dirt or water) on one of your door handles.  The car can't do what you describe, so I think what is happening is that the key is in range and one of the door handle sensors is detecting a "hand" and opening the car, even when there is no hand.  Perhaps dirt of water could do this, or a faulty sensor.  I never looked at how the door handle "hand" sending actually works, but it's probably capacitive and hence dirt or water could perhaps trigger it.  Try wiping down the handles?

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links