Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS600h transmission oil pump code P2799

Yingyz

Hi all,

2 weeks ago I had a hybrid system malfunction appear with the EML light when starting up in the morning. EML light disappeared after switching the car on and off again and have had no issues since then.

Took my LS600h to get its hybrid health check done today and they came back with a fail due to a P2799 code.

No EML light on currently and the dealer is asking £204 to clear the code and investigate and will redo the HHC after 350 miles.

Do I:

A: Pay the dealer £204 to clear the code and investigate the issue and redo the HHC.

B: Go to another mechanic to clear the code for £50 and see if it happens again before going back to Lexus to redo the HHC.

If your car is a 22 plate then I would let the dealer sort out. It is a rare and complex car and best left to the people that know it best. 

I would also query the high cost of clearing the code or does it include diagnostic charge?

Hi both,

No the car isn’t a 22 plate - wish it was though. (It’s a a LS600h from 2012 and the warranty is expired).

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links