Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

WhatsApp and other media issues

I’ve got a Lexus UX 250H which I bought new in May 23. All was ok with the media up to the time I upgraded my Iphone 13 to iOS 17 in September 23. It may have been coincidence but my issues started from then. The main issue is with WhatsApp and Messages which when I used to get them while driving I tapped on it and the message was read out to me. It then asked me if I wanted to reply and so I said yes and spoke my message which was then sent. However, seemingly after the iOS 17 update whilst the message was still read out to me when it came to replying the system just keeps saying “your WhatsApp your WhatsApp your WhatsApp” i.e like it’s got stuck. I’ve disconnected my phone and done factory reset and even have an upgraded Iphone 15 but the problem still persists - anyone have any ideas please. Another issue is with amazon Music, which doesn’t always load but when it does and I select my playlist the first song that comes on the screen begins with “A” but it plays a song beginning with “B” and it won’t let me change it! Again any ideas as to what to do much appreciated!

Hello Keith and welcome to the best Lexus forum there is. I suggest you ask your question in the UX section of the forum. Fellow owners will answer as they'll see your post.

I am having the same issue when replying to messages. This also happened to me after upgrading to iOS 17 on my Iphone 11 Pro Max. I have since changed phones but it is also happening with my new Iphone 15 Pro Max. I have reported the problem to apple, stating the make and model of car etc. but their software is becoming so buggy now I have no idea if or when it will be fixed. If I dictate a reply, ignore the repeating messages and hit the send button, 9 times out of 10 the message is sent ok, but without the ability to review what has been entered makes this a bit of a lottery. The reading of messages works flawlessly, but replying and reviewing before sending is no longer working as it should. Disappointing, but doesn’t detract from the Lexus luxury I am now enjoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a message today advising me that there was a software update for the media unit. I updated the software whilst carrying on with my journey. After installing the software a message appeared confirming that the update would be completed at the next power cycle. When I next started the car a message confirmed that the software had been updated. I then received a WhatsApp message which was read out to me. I chose to reply, and after dictating the reply the system read out my message perfectly before sending. Too soon to say if the problem has been permanently fixed, but it is possible that the apple CarPlay upgrade in iOS 17 required an upgrade to the Lexus software, and this has now been applied with the latest media update 🤞

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links