Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi to all, I have RX450H 2014 model with 95% lexus service stamps. Last year I had it serviced at Lexus interim service and thought cost was very reasonable, however this year the cost has gone up approx 70% for which is basically an oil change. I have been looking at Servicing Stop which seems to have good reviews and can get a full service that seems to do a myriad of things that Lexus don't. The car has done 62000 and I only do about 4000 a year now that I'm retired. Advice would be greatly appreciated also views on Serving Stop.

Regards to all,

Rob.

8 minutes ago, pgtipple said:

Hi to all, I have RX450H 2014 model with 95% lexus service stamps. Last year I had it serviced at Lexus interim service and thought cost was very reasonable, however this year the cost has gone up approx 70% for which is basically an oil change. I have been looking at Servicing Stop which seems to have good reviews and can get a full service that seems to do a myriad of things that Lexus don't. The car has done 62000 and I only do about 4000 a year now that I'm retired. Advice would be greatly appreciated also views on Serving Stop.

Regards to all,

Rob.

Looked at Servicing Stop and got major doubts now!

25 minutes ago, Bezzer said:

Probably the worst company reviews I've ever seen 😮

But very entertaining!

Yet another example that if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is!  Personally, I have either taken my cars to the Dealer from whom I bought it or a local garage with a good reputation to maintain.

My Lexus has always been maintained by Lexus MK and therefore benefits from the warranty extension.  I have no plans to change that.

There are times when the cost of trying to save money can prove to be an expensive mistake!

1 hour ago, pgtipple said:

Last year I had it serviced at Lexus interim service and thought cost was very reasonable, however this year the cost has gone up approx 70% for which is basically an oil change.

Presumably you are now having the Full rather than Intermediate service, I don't think the prices have changed much over that period.

Bear in mind that with a 2014 car you may still qualify for the Relax warranty, and if you sneak in the last service immediately before the 10-year / 100,000 mile limit you will get another full years cover (at least that is my understanding).

• Like 1

Just remember you can take out the extended warranty from Lexus for cars over 10 years old with a mileage up to 150000mls.

I have just renewed mine for £540-00 which includes the Lexus breakdown service.

Please note that this year I had to take the car in for a free health check before I could renew.

Well worth the money IMO.

• Like 1

Paying for Lexus warranty is like throwing money on the window in my long ownership of Lexuses. 

However it’s worth keep servicing it with Lexus at least the small service annually because this extends for free your hybrid system warranty that goes up to 15 years and no mileage restriction and this is basically the most expensive part to repair/ replace on a hybrid. 

Went up 70%? I ve always paid around £350 for the RX and if it’s over 100k miles like in my case I get a 20% discount on servicing however not all the dealerships offer this discount. I use Lexus Hatfield. 

19 hours ago, John Walker said:

Paying for Lexus warranty is like throwing money on the window in my long ownership of Lexuses. 

However it’s worth keep servicing it with Lexus at least the small service annually because this extends for free your hybrid system warranty that goes up to 15 years and no mileage restriction and this is basically the most expensive part to repair/ replace on a hybrid. 

Went up 70%? I ve always paid around £350 for the RX and if it’s over 100k miles like in my case I get a 20% discount on servicing however not all the dealerships offer this discount. I use Lexus Hatfield. 

The free hybrid health check only extends the warranty on the hybrid Battery and not the system.

Extended warranties are just another insurance, and so it depends on one's feelings about risk.

My view is that on a 13 year old car it wouldn't be unheard of for something expensive to fail, so it's worth it to me. Add to the fact that it includes UK and European breakdown cover (I travel once or twice a year) and it means the warranty part is only costing me around £350 a year. Like any insurance, it may never get used, but I like the peace of mind in having it.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links