Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS 250 SE-L MM 2009 value

6 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Anything under £10,000 works well for private sales, anything over becomes harder as people tend to finance more expensive cars. I always sold private and never sold any money either, also usually it does not take long to sell if car is in decent shape. I guess the only benefit of PX is that you never have to deal with parking two cars or gap between selling 1 and getting another, but that is minor benefit compared to losing at least £2,000 of market value.

100%. 

I just sold my forester half an hour ago after advertising on FB & AutoTrader for 2 weeks. Got my asking price bar too (bar a hundred quid). 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:15 PM, Zorny182 said:

I’m looking to get a rough value for my dad’s 2009 Lexus IS 250 SE-L MM.

Unfortunately my dad recently passed away and so I’m going to have to sell his car.

Im just looking for honest, expert opinion  of a sale price and thought this would be the best place.

The car is in excellent condition and has done 81000 miles. 

Thanks 

I just got my insurance renewal which has gone up £185 from last year so went on go compare to see what was on offer.

Mine is a 82000 mile 2009 facelift is250 SE-L with ml, sunroof, and all toys originally owned by a surgeon who could afford all toys.

Go compare value the car at £2300, but decline to say where i can get one for that little money.

7 minutes ago, markeyszoo said:

I just got my insurance renewal which has gone up £185 from last year so went on go compare to see what was on offer.

Mine is a 82000 mile 2009 facelift is250 SE-L with ml, sunroof, and all toys originally owned by a surgeon who could afford all toys.

Go compare value the car at £2300, but decline to say where i can get one for that little money.

Insurance price estimates are meaningless... literally. It can say 5,000, 10,000, or 2,000, but what you get in case of accident is estimate after the accident based on their internal guide price. For example when I had IS250 long time ago I remember it starting £5,850 when I insured it, going down over 6 years I owned it to £1,600 or so... then it got written off and after some backwards and forwards valued at £4,485. The year before that I also got into accident and it was nearly written-off, but then I didn't agree with valuation and repair costs and it was repaired in the end, but it was only valued at £3,850. So just from this example alone... how does it make sense that car with 10,000 less miles and a year newer was valued ~£600 less, when year later same car with more miles and older was valued £600 more. I guess in the end it was same deal for me (as I kept the car), actually even slightly worse, because first time around they estimated residual value to be just £592 and second time £1320 if I remember right. So if I had accepted the settlement first time around and kept the car I would have received £3,258 and second time I only received £3,165. Well... partially that was because of claim management company mistake, because they told me "£4,485 and you can keep the car" at which point I said "yeah - I am happy with that (actually thinking - that is amazing deal, just don't show it!)", but then I only got paid £3,165 and what I asked why apparently they meant £4,485 - £1,320 + car, not just £4,485 + car. Tried to argue with them, even got to financial ombudsman, but not got anywhere. Basically, financial ombudsman concluded that despite their mistake explaining the settlement terms I still got fair settlement... which is true... I paid £4000 for the car 6 years earlier with 68,000 less miles!

In short - I don't know what is the point of estimate given in comparison sites... it means nothing. I guess you can try playing with it to see if you can reduce the insurance price, but apart of that no other value. Apparently, if you car falls under certain value, let's say £1000, then some brokers will refuse your policy which can make it more expensive to insure... so sometimes it is worth to put something like £2500 there just in case.

43 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I don't know what is the point of estimate given in comparison sites... it means nothing.

It's somewhat market-value average based on the age. My I.C. asks me how much I purchased the car for as opposed to pulling a random number out of their a@se, however it's a modified car policy, so we then negotiate on the agreed value with all mods at which point the original purchase price becomes obsolete. I know there is virtually nobody on this forum with a modified policy, BUT it doesn't mean you can't negotiate on the value of your car since whatever they're using is pretty much just based on the age of the car.. It's like Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34), they would only see it as a 23 year old old Nissan with a value of £500.. Ignoring the fact that the real life value is £100k+

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links