Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag recall?

Glyn Jennings

Has anyone ever had the airbag recall done and how recent was it?
Mine was booked for the beginning of January but the dealer rang me a few days beforehand to say they hadn’t received the part and would contact me when available. I am now wondering whether there is any stock now bearing in mind how old these cars are now.

My RX is due for a service and MOT in 3 weeks time I will enquire what’s happening about the part.

Annoyingly I spent some time cleaning the car as I wanted to show off the car but I have driven the car recently and with the rubbish weather it’s dirty again. Also my knee is really playing up at the moment so washing it is out of the question and it’s not going near a car wash.

25 minutes ago, Bob King said:

My current SC430 had the passenger air/bag recall done in 2019.

My previous SC was done around the same time .

Same here, second airbag recall done at Lexus Gatwick November 2019. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bob King said:

Paul type your Reg in here …

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

a recall reminder comes up ☹️

For me the strange thing is when I put in my Reg No in on that site it says there are no recalls outstanding  for my car yet according to Lexus they have no record of it ever being done.

5 minutes ago, Glyn Jennings said:

For me the strange thing is when I put in my Reg No in on that site it says there are no recalls outstanding  for my car yet according to Lexus they have no record of it ever being done.

I find the Lexus recall site unreliable…I have a FOC dealer invoice saying my car has had the airbags sorts ….yet their recall website says outstanding 🙄.

my opinion …if the DVLA mot site say it’s okay then it’s fine.

Did read last year that recalls could be added to the mot check sheet, and could failure on safety concerns …but clearly it’s not happened….yet !

• Like 1

I had only had my sc one week when I took it in for recall, got free health check, lovely coffees  at reception, valeted, and a new ux courtesy car,felt like a lottery winner 🏆 

31 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Free health check! Sir, we can replace your leaking shocks for £2000?

Or am I just cynical?

I would think all mechanics are encouraged by management to look for work with a “free” safety check ☹️

• 2 weeks later...

The RX was in the dealership today for a service and MOT so I asked what is happening about the airbag for the SC. Apparently the parts guy said it is on back order and could take another month to come into stock. I am not sure I understand what he meant when he said they do a recall every 5 years for the airbag. He also said they need the car for two days to fix it.  I willl give them a ring in a months time for an update.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links