Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

235/50 18 on stock F-sport wheel?

Hi, has anyone fit 235/50 tyre instead of 225/50 to the stock 18" F-sport wheel?
I know 225 are almost the max for 7J wheel but 225/50 are out for stock for weeks in my area.
Would love to put 235 on it if it fits. Thanks

Hi Mike,

Can you physically mount a 235 tyre on a 7J? Yes but this is dependent on the manufacturer. How the tyre fits on a wheel is a bit more nuanced than just looking at the size.

I personally wouldn't do this, homologation issues aside (i assume the UK has approved sizes like we do in Italy), you're likely going to ruin your ride quality, throw off your speedo readings due to the diameter differences and it's potentially unsafe.

If you absolutely have to go bigger, get some wider wheels too. If necessary, keep the F-Sports for winter tyres or sell them altogether.

Speedo would only be out 1.5%, and would actually make it more accurate as it would read under compared to your current wheels. However, even 225 width tyres on 7" rims is beyond recommended and about as far as you should go.

5 hours ago, Rizzoe said:

homologation issues aside (i assume the UK has approved sizes like we do in Italy),

This is becoming more of an issue here in the UK than it was in the past. Whilst it wouldn't be illegal to change wheel/tyre size, insurance companies would see it as a modification (and an excuse to charge you more).

Im sure it will fit 235/50/18 on stock f sport wheels and speedometer difference is negligible and MPG is still dependent on your driving style and driving conditions. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links