Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto folding mirrors

I see that although the UX has switched folding mirrors but not remote fold upon locking car, I fitted an after market plug & play kit to the IS300h has anyone done it to a UX ? Is one even available.

The kit I fitted to the IS probably won’t work will it because it’s easy to remove it.

Dell

A lot of UX models do have auto folding, no one has owned up to altering the non auto ones that I know of. Mine has auto but it wouldn't bother me if they weren't and I reckon a lot of others wouldn't either. Perhaps it's because my last car, a Rav4, hadn't got auto mirrors and I got into the habit of manual electric folding them and leaving the button out when I switched off so they automatically opened when I next turned on.

I'd love to fit a module to auto-fold the mirrors but although they are advertised they always state 'left hand drive only'. I feel tempted to try anyway but blowing the electrics would be a high price to pay!

The only advantage of the Manuel folding door mirrors is when it's snowing and the gear mechanism has frozen and can break on opening the car door. This happened on my last car, Mazda.

I don’t really have a problem with the mirrors not folding apart from forgetting to fold in when in supermarket car park because it seems a lot of car owners don’t give a jot about there’s or other peoples car and the cost of replacing one is ridiculous, I always park well away from other cars but my car seems to be a magnet because 9 times out of 10 my car is surrounded when I come out.

Dell

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dells said:

Well this couldn’t be anymore confusing it it tried, Auto folding mirrors tick Auto folding mirrors cross.

Dell

https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/pdf/211004M-Full-Release.pdf

The first one really should read electrically folding mirrors.

Auto folding on lock/unlock is Takumi only at that age.

12 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The first one really should read electrically folding mirrors.

Auto folding on lock/unlock is Takumi only at that age.

That’s probably the Japanese to English translation.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links