Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Would somebody who has a working version of the Lexus Link Plus app (Android) please advise me what version they have. Thanks.

My phone, tablet and car don't agree and I cannot get anything to work and, in trying, my original Lexus Link app (which I was happily continuing to use) has now stopped working. I'll explain more later, when I've worked out what the heck is going on.

I've got 2.5.2(234) - PRODUCTION showing on my account screen on my phone.

Is that any help?

I've not updated the car system with the latest updated due to all the problems I'd read people were having. The car shows software version 1040.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, that's what I thought was the correct version. To explain what's going on for me:

I did the car software update last week but have been having the same problem as many (neatly summarised by Mobeam about 30 minutes ago). Suggested fixes (such as turning on all Navigation options) haven't made any difference. I didn't try the reset option because I had happily been using the old Lexus Link app (with very few problems) and I thought there was a good chance that I would have a problem if I reset the car. However, yesterday, fed up with the nag screens and deciding that in order to give the car software the best chance of working, now seemed like a good time to upgrade to the Lexus Link Plus app. That's where my problems start ...

From within the old app, there is an option to upgrade to Lexus Link Plus but when I try this, the Play Store tells me that, "This item is not available in your country".

If I go directly to the Play Store from my phone, it tells me that the compatible app is called "Lexus" version 2.1.14 - so I decided to download and install it. However, when I try to connect to the car, at the "Add Vehicle" step, the app will not accept my VIN, either manually or scanned. I get the message, "We don't recognize the VIN you have entered. ..." I'm not surprised as I think that 2.1.14 is a US version of the app. I don't have VPN so that shouldn't be confusing things.

I found a way to force version 2.5.2 (called Lexus Link Plus) onto the phone. I started the connection process, logged into my Lexus account okay, accepted the permissions okay but when I got to the stage to connect to multimedia, I scan the QR code on the Infotainment screen and am greeted with the message, "You have a car model that supports a different version of the app." This is followed with a link to "Download Lexus Link". When I follow this link, it takes me to the Play Store "Lexus Link" version 4.22.0 - which is the name and latest version number for the original app. If I accept the recommendation, the app loads, I enter my registration number and am then greeted with, "Please use the new app. A different app is required for use with this vehicle". 

If you have followed this far, you will see that I'm going round in circles! Certainly my head is spinning. I can only think to delete all the Lexus apps on my phone, clear the caches and do a Reset on the car but, before I do, has anybody else had a similar experience or got an alternative ideas? Thanks.

As I am not a tech I would take it up with Lexus as these problems are getting ridiculous, while the mechanics are great , the software is not up to the quality and reputation expected from Lexus.

4 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Thanks guys, that's what I thought was the correct version. To explain what's going on for me:

I did the car software update last week but have been having the same problem as many (neatly summarised by Mobeam about 30 minutes ago). Suggested fixes (such as turning on all Navigation options) haven't made any difference. I didn't try the reset option because I had happily been using the old Lexus Link app (with very few problems) and I thought there was a good chance that I would have a problem if I reset the car. However, yesterday, fed up with the nag screens and deciding that in order to give the car software the best chance of working, now seemed like a good time to upgrade to the Lexus Link Plus app. That's where my problems start ...

From within the old app, there is an option to upgrade to Lexus Link Plus but when I try this, the Play Store tells me that, "This item is not available in your country".

If I go directly to the Play Store from my phone, it tells me that the compatible app is called "Lexus" version 2.1.14 - so I decided to download and install it. However, when I try to connect to the car, at the "Add Vehicle" step, the app will not accept my VIN, either manually or scanned. I get the message, "We don't recognize the VIN you have entered. ..." I'm not surprised as I think that 2.1.14 is a US version of the app. I don't have VPN so that shouldn't be confusing things.

I found a way to force version 2.5.2 (called Lexus Link Plus) onto the phone. I started the connection process, logged into my Lexus account okay, accepted the permissions okay but when I got to the stage to connect to multimedia, I scan the QR code on the Infotainment screen and am greeted with the message, "You have a car model that supports a different version of the app." This is followed with a link to "Download Lexus Link". When I follow this link, it takes me to the Play Store "Lexus Link" version 4.22.0 - which is the name and latest version number for the original app. If I accept the recommendation, the app loads, I enter my registration number and am then greeted with, "Please use the new app. A different app is required for use with this vehicle". 

If you have followed this far, you will see that I'm going round in circles! Certainly my head is spinning. I can only think to delete all the Lexus apps on my phone, clear the caches and do a Reset on the car but, before I do, has anybody else had a similar experience or got an alternative ideas? Thanks.

I’m getting the exact same as you, deleted my vehicle etc and then at each stage I had to download the new app, at one point I had 4 apps on my tablet with the system telling me I needed to download the new one!  I have given up and will do without it.

Now have Lexus Link Plus v 2.5.2 on my phone and the OTA update on my car for Navigation Services and Voice Services. All appears to be working. See the "Software Update" thread for a very brief summary of how I achieved this.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links