Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scammer

Just spotted another scam connected to eBay this time. Yes I have reported it!

Autotrader genuine seller looking for £13995 and the same car appeared on eBay for £6900. Same photos and reg number.

I enquired about the bogus advert and surprise surprise the guy said I wouldn’t be able to view it as he was ‘all over the country on business’.

Said he’s accept £4000 if I sent him the money and he’s organise a courier to get it to me….. He’d even give me a full refund if I wasn’t happy with it. What a guy!!!!

Ended the dialogue by telling him another gentleman had kindly offered me the same transaction but for £3500 so I’ve bought from him instead.

Strangely satisfying knowing that someone somewhere feels that a fellow scammer has just deprived them of £4k. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, finchy40 said:

Just spotted another scam connected to EBay this time. Yes I have reported it!

Nice move, Gary.  Always fun to scam a scammer!

Interesting to know if eBay bothers to track down the advertiser.  After all, they took the money that paid for the phoney advertisement so it’s possible to follow the money back to the fraudster.

They are also now possibly party to fraud, having been informed of it, unless they take action to check the advertiser’s application details and expose them.  They can’t simply rely on the principle of Caveat Emptor to shift all responsibility on to the prospective buyer.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links