Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As mentioned in a previous topic, I managed to find a Battery insulator/cover. Cleaned up and fitted it today, pics below. I also got with it an insulator blanket thing which isn’t for a LS400 as far as I can see but I may be wrong. I sort of recognise it from somewhere, picture of it below and maybe someone can recognises it and what car it’s off.

LS400 Battery insulator fitted.

IMG_2776.thumb.jpeg.3ee18b0cd4f74f6d4a3531a58815b8be.jpeg

IMG_2781.thumb.jpeg.b74711808a51becaba2d0ea47c564b8d.jpeg

The Battery blanket

IMG_2783.thumb.jpeg.bf9fba2ff3262cdc5539666a5763eff1.jpeg

IMG_2784.thumb.jpeg.bce9246eb6fd2b28fe7181fc40c2900e.jpeg

• Like 1

Might the Battery need to “ breathe “ ? Could it all overheat under that insulator jacket 🤔

I don’t ever recall a Battery frame nor jacket in all my Ls400 days 

Malc 

You need a Battery “Insulator” Malc, the Battery will last twice as long and you will see a 30% increase in MPG 😀

Also nice to see the Battery terminal covers are still fitted which often disappear.

OK on a more serious note remember to ensure you order the correct terminal layout when ordering a replacement battery 

• Like 3

I remembered where I’ve seen it before, I had an Audi A4 a few years ago and it’s a VAG part. Looked at the thing more and there is a VAG part number under one of the flaps so definitely not a Lexus/Toyota part. I didn’t expect any identifying marks but there is.

IMG_2785.thumb.jpeg.5a36c1c522c8238915b3b88ecdefc793.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Also nice to see the battery terminal covers are still fitted which often disappear

Thanks, they weren’t there when I bought the car and the correct positive connector thing wasn’t either, positive lead was fixed to the Battery terminal with as screw into the terminal on the Battery. I bought all the bits from Amayama when buying other parts.

positive batter terminal that was missing

IMG_0527.thumb.jpeg.596423036f8ad93caf1d8c48d4d3e571.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

That part is not allowed on this forum, please remove 😀

It’s on the Audi Sport forum now😀

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

don’t ever recall a battery frame nor jacket in all my Ls400 days 

They all had them from new as far as I know and it probably got thrown or lost over the years. That’s why they are as rare as rocking horse poo.

• Like 1

There is one LS400 for sale on eBay with the ‘all important Battery insulator’ still on the car🤣
The only other LS400 I’ve seen with the Battery insulator still on the car was the Gold LS400 I went to see in St Anne’s a few weeks ago to advise the owner about the condition and what it was worth. Just some info on that car which I can share, it had most of the common issues apart from the steering pump, it was dry with no leaks, but the Gold paint wasn’t faded. Few scrapes and rust spots on the Gold paintwork but not ‘patchwork quilt’ like some I’ve seen.

IMG_0528.thumb.jpeg.c916a987ee7271e7ea7e7a4133150a0a.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

OK on a more serious note remember to ensure you order the correct terminal layout when ordering a replacement battery 

Good point, this is the result if you don’t. This LS400 is for sale on eBay.

IMG_0529.thumb.jpeg.42455077291ca65a5cbf484e2940bc2a.jpeg

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Never mind the battery cover do they have the Lexus torch still in the tool kit, still in the wrapping and fully functional?

Damn it, something else that’s missing from my car……..the Lexus torch still in the wrapping and working. Working Lexus torch I have but not in the wrapping so will need to rectify that as soon as possible🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links