Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone has installed bucket seats in their iSF? Using mine as a daily and being 6”3’ i get back pain quite often as i need to recline the seat much more than my liking otherwise i feel id headbang the ceiling on big bumps 😁

Been looking at recaro sportster CS or pole positions as everyone say they are quite comfortable on long journeys , or something else similar that would suit the iSF

Also , would that affect the value of the car as i’d be planning to sell the OEM seats due to lack of storage space 

7 hours ago, Ivacerk said:

Anyone has installed bucket seats in their iSF? Using mine as a daily and being 6”3’ i get back pain quite often as i need to recline the seat much more than my liking otherwise i feel id headbang the ceiling on big bumps 😁

Been looking at recaro sportster CS or pole positions as everyone say they are quite comfortable on long journeys , or something else similar that would suit the iSF

Also , would that affect the value of the car as i’d be planning to sell the OEM seats due to lack of storage space 

First bit of advice, is if you can, really try to keep the existing seats. Unless you find the right buyer, which isn't easy with our cars, resale with bucket seats will be a tough ask and you'll most certainly have to lower your asking price.

On the plus side, my car had Sportster CS seats from a Lotus in it by a previous owner and he got a really low seating position. He really rated them. I'm still in touch with him, so I can get advice on the set up should you wish.

So your one had the recaro’s , I was wondering where that car has gone , was it Glen from Glasgow ? 
The plan was to build a Clubsport car , seeing how easily clubsports e92s sell , thought the iSF would sell as easy as the e92 , not planning to sell it anytime soon but would like to invest money in it without losing thousands at the end 

IMG_5743.jpeg

Yeah it's the same car. Sadly it didn't come with the Lotus seats as the owner that briefly had it between Glen and myself, didn't want them. It may sell to that particular group of people. ISF's and the F range in general, don't seem to seel fast, even harder considering VED and insurance.

I love those TRD seats. That's an amazing set up!

Yeah but its no more expensive than other big engined sedans , m3 , c63 , rs4 , shame ISF don’t get same recognition as other brands 
TRD’s look amazing , they came on the GR86 as an option but not in the UK and they are impossible to come by unfortunately 😭

I personally think it’s not a particularly good idea if you’re worried about resale value.  The market for an ISF is already small, modifying the seats will just make the pool smaller.  I’m 6’3” and didn’t have many problems in mine, would you consider custom seat rails??  Retain original seats whilst getting them right where you want them….

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update , might have been a mistake buying these but the offer was too good to pass by , AMG GTR carbon fiber bucket seats with heating and cooling have been purchased , reason for choosing these are that they still have electric control on the side, should sit way lower than oem ones, would still give a premium feeling to the car instead of a race car feeling , and them being carbon fiber they weight under 20kg each , which should still be an improvement in weight reduction over OEM is-f seats 

AMG GTR are the only ones that have electric adjustment on the side instead of the door , and the only ones that are carbon fiber

the only task now would be to make them work in a iSF , and replace the AMG logo with a custom made Lexus one

IMG_6056.jpeg

IMG_6053.jpeg

IMG_6055.jpeg

IMG_6054.jpeg

• Like 1

There's a guy on Instagram (Salondon). I would find him ans ask him. He is a wizard with the IS and electronics, installing RCF seats into his IS. He would be my first port of call.

• Like 1

Oh really? He's your man. He goes through stages of being flat out, but has been reliable. Other than that, I don't know of anyone that's as good as him with these things. I'm sure there is, but Lexus IS specific, I don't know.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links