Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'll be buying a caravan shortly and was wondering the capabilities of the RX450h. According to some google searches 1500k is it's towing max. others say 2000k. For my budget (10kish)I would be looking an earlier model.

Has anybody any experience with the RX450h towing? I can't say right now but for what I'm looking at 1500kg is a fair weight van.  

Fuel economy would also be of interest, insurance groups etc .

Edited by Zuke
addition

2 hours ago, Zuke said:

I'll be buying a caravan shortly and was wondering the capabilities of the RX450h. According to some google searches 1500k is it's towing max. others say 2000k. For my budget (10kish)I would be looking an earlier model.

Has anybody any experience with the RX450h towing? I can't say right now but for what I'm looking at 1500kg is a fair weight van.  

Fuel economy would also be of interest, insurance groups etc .

Towing capacity is 2000kg. I used to get about 20mpg on a long run towing a 1500kg van.

• Like 1

Brilliant towcar - often pulling on just electric - very stable with a 'van around 1500kg - unless you are looking at one of the newer wide bodied twin axle jobs, you should have no problem. Just make sure you have enough user payload in the caravan, as this is often the main issue with capacity of both car and caravan load limits.

• Like 1

I have been towing with RX hybrids since they were first introduced into the UK in June 2005 and have clocked up well over 60,000 towing miles. My total milage in my first RX400H was 195,000 and currently tow with a 63reg Gen3 RX450H Premier. Superb tow cars to say the least!! I currently tow 1450 kgs and return about 23MPG, previously towed 1650 kgs returning 20/21 MPG and towing 1750kgs returning 19/20 MPG (through the French Alpes once almost down to single figures). May be selling my Premier soon if likely to be of interest, FLSH and 101k miles.  

• Thanks 1

Hi all I have a 2013 rx450h lux and I tow a elddis 574 which has a total weight of 1500kg and the car is great for that weight and like others have said the fuel consumption is not that bad. Would 100% recommend a rx as a tow car . 

IMG_3367.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links