Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance from LV

Our CT200H is nearly 10 years old and we have owned it for the last seven years. It has never missed a beat and has now done over 130k miles. For the seven years we have owned the vehicle it has been insured with LV with no claims during that period. The insurance is due to renew in a month or so and, to my surprise, I have had a letter from LV to say that they will not be offering a renewal of the insurance as CT200s are the subject of high levels of claim due to theft. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it just LV?

• Sad 2

They are all at it!  Mine was refused as were many others. I am not allowed to post what I think of them because the auto censor or a "real" person may take offence.  I think the day will come when they will take no customers with more that 0.01% risk factor.

LV don’t seem to want to distinguish between Lexus models that are vulnerable to theft and those that aren’t. Best not to worry about it and just go to another insurer. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

LV don’t seem to want to distinguish between Lexus models that are vulnerable to theft and those that aren’t

Spot on. And it's not just LV.🫤

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PhilipL said:

Our CT200H is nearly 10 years old and we have owned it for the last seven years. It has never missed a beat and has now done over 130k miles. For the seven years we have owned the vehicle it has been insured with LV with no claims during that period. The insurance is due to renew in a month or so and, to my surprise, I have had a letter from LV to say that they will not be offering a renewal of the insurance as CT200s are the subject of high levels of claim due to theft. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it just LV?

Lexus cars, as a percentage of those on the road in the UK, were the most stolen cars in 2023. They have taken that “accolade” from Land Rover… and their insurance and theft problems are well known! 

lots of Lexus models are at risk of a vulnerability that allows thieves to plug in a device, open your car doors, and drive off in less than 60 seconds. A bbc watchdog report finally promoted a response from Lexus earlier this month: 

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-uk-statement-on-vehicle-theft/?fbclid=IwAR2u1DC_0mAo4_kSpK_1FLViLNyHJq0nAKctwfXCMxQi1CwuNiGBA10yY0w_aem_ATXzc0mSafM1xX72JZyfSo-7KpoTKXtkPQjmf6ToRhjQ_4GsDaGMH6Nf5ACoFWEW2pE

given Lexus themselves have only recently shared that list, it’s unsurprising insurers have taken a blanket “no Lexus” approach to underwriting. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Gone up substantially this year, I am now down as Main Driver on my wife's CT policy (she has 7yrs NCB) but putting me as Main driver and because my NCB is on the other car, the best I could get on the CT last week was £714 for the AA middle range policy. I put it through Quidco (Thanks Daughter 😄} and got £45 cashback so finished up at £669. Guess I can live with that lol!

On 3/29/2024 at 4:15 PM, PhilipL said:

It does seem to vary but not so much on the model as more to do with where you live I think and if you have a garage, park on private drive etc.  I do have front and rear dash cam installed and LV have just reinsured my RC300H (2019) no issue at all and it only increased 23% from last year (fully comp, no claims protection, maximum legal cover, maximum personal injury insurance and an additional driver) @ £765.00.

My quotes for this year had rocketed up and having only got the car in Feb was quite annoying. Thankfully Aviva came through on the renewal and was only what the difference they charged me on changing from my Suzuki Swift worked out to for the year.

£250-300 cheaper than any of the new quotes including from themselves.

On 3/29/2024 at 5:41 PM, ColinBarber said:

LV don’t seem to want to distinguish between Lexus models that are vulnerable to theft and those that aren’t. Best not to worry about it and just go to another insurer. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links