Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance doubled from £960 to £1800.. wow

My Takumi ES has been hit hard this year by the insurers. This was the cheapest quote. My old insurer was quoting over £2000! Yes seriously! I'm 28 years old and I've never claimed on any car insurance.

I live in a small city where car theft is generally very low. These costs are hard to stomach on top of the excessive road tax. Good thing I love the car.. 

I feel like some sort of government intervention is needed. Read online an 18 year old will pay on average over £3000 for a small city car in certain places..

25 minutes ago, Silvabane said:

I feel like some sort of government intervention is needed

The gov't will not intervene because they don't give a toss about us. It is gradually dawning on me that I should leave the country ( after 20 yrs in France one gets a better perspective on different gov'ts ).

I just read today that Labour intend to tax us even more now that they are confident in winning they don't need to hide the bad news anymore.

The only choice is to get out and live in a country that will not fleece ordinary working people - Maybe Portugal? Must do some research before we leave.

• Like 5

"that will not fleece ordinary working people "

Come on, I didn't take you for a believer in Nirvana  ! However, if you ever find such a place be sure to let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvabane said:

I feel like some sort of government intervention is needed. Read online an 18 year old will pay on average over £3000 for a small city car in certain places..

It’s an intervention from Lexus you need!

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-uk-statement-on-vehicle-theft/?fbclid=IwAR2u1DC_0mAo4_kSpK_1FLViLNyHJq0nAKctwfXCMxQi1CwuNiGBA10yY0w_aem_ATXzc0mSafM1xX72JZyfSo-7KpoTKXtkPQjmf6ToRhjQ_4GsDaGMH6Nf5ACoFWEW2pE

Lexus were the most stolen car brand (as a percentage of vehicles on the road) in 2023. Lots of insurers thus refusing to cover any Lexus vehicle at all, or, charging a small fortune… 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GMB said:

The gov't will not intervene because they don't give a toss about us. It is gradually dawning on me that I should leave the country ( after 20 yrs in France one gets a better perspective on different gov'ts ).

I just read today that Labour intend to tax us even more now that they are confident in winning they don't need to hide the bad news anymore.

The only choice is to get out and live in a country that will not fleece ordinary working people - Maybe Portugal? Must do some research before we leave.

The UAE could be an option. Heard they dont have taxes in Dubai.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Notamech said:

The UAE could be an option. Heard they dont have taxes in Dubai

UAE worth considering but it's a bit too hot and wine is expensive over there so I would be bankrupt based on my drinking habits.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links