Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2nd gen NX high voltage wire harness "cablegate"

Just saw this regarding excessive corrosion of the high voltage wire harness on the 2nd gen NX due to salt on the road. Lexus USA is offering extended warranty for this issue. Might be worth keeping an eye on it here in the UK.

Lexus NX cars in the USA are manufactured in North America. We get our NX from Japan, so it may be we’re not impacted. 

That is not true.  The NX450h+ in the USA is also made in Japan.  2022 models were also made in Japan and it's part of this extended warranty program.  

That is not true.  The NX450h+ in the USA is also made in Japan.  2022 models were also made in Japan and it's part of this extended warranty program.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LSFT said:

• Tahara, Japan — LS, GS, IS, GX, RX, & NX
  • Toyota City, Japan — ES, LX, LFA, & LC
  • Kitakyushu, Japan — CT, HS, & RX
  • Miyawaka, Japan — ES, IS, RX, NX, & UX
  • Susono, Japan — SC
  • Cambridge, Ontario, Canada — NX, NX hybrid, RX & RX hybrid
  • Georgetown, Kentucky, USA — ES 
  • So it’s Canada for the NX and the ES for the US. 

Surprised to see that Toyota/Lexus have 2 or even 3 plants for the same model in Japan, wouldn't appear to typical Japanese efficiency unless itnis to provide redundancy of production lines?

5 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Where are Lexus cars made?

Mine were allegedly made in Japan ( The ISF being especially well made too, so I have heard )  and there is supposed to be a plate somewhere that says so.   BTW It's not an import - sold new by Stephen Eagell Cambridge.  However, the only ID plates I can find say "Europe" all over them????🤔

Sorry but this seems like a design issue to me. Whether if the NX is made in Japan or Canada shouldn't make a difference in the "design", more likely on the manufacturing quality.

I echo what LSFT has said, the early production cars that were made in Japan are also part of the extended warranty program. Then again, I do hope the 22-23 NX in the UK do not suffer from this issue and it is worthwhile to be aware of this potential issue... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links