Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlamp failure

NZ300h just 4 years old.   All started 26th march.

Have just had headlamp failure,( or Malfunction as the warning said), replacement £2k, problem doesn't end there......... delivery  only 3 weeks, Needed MOT  heap of expensive junk isolated at the Dealership !!.  Then more good news after the lamp arrived .....requires replacement  ECU for the light ??, about £700 ...... delivery only 4 weeks, so still a heap of expensive junk still isolated at the Dealership and not due till  early May.   Reliability ?.....maybe, (or not) , What a ridiculous wait for obvious spare.  High expectations , great disappointment......buy LEXUS ?.......never again, strongly advise against it. Now road tax expiring so need to SORN the vehicle.  Wife's Vauxhall Meriva 19 years old needed new bulb....£2.50 off the shelf and fitted...is that progress?.  

• Sad 2

I think it is an obvious problem especially for older cars. bulbs were 50p upwards whereas LED light units are £150 upwards and headlights can be thousands 🙈🙈

Sounds to me like it may have been the ECU rather than the headlamp itself, seems unlikely that both components would have failed simultaneously.

Happened to a friend on Nissan Qashqai. Modern headlights come as a unit. Cost to my friend upwards of £1750 including ECU for just one unit not pair. Rare incident the dealer said but when it happens, ridiculously expensive to put right. 

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Starlight said:

Happened to a friend on Nissan Qashqai. Modern headlights come as a unit. Cost to my friend upwards of £1750 including ECU for just one unit not pair. Rare incident the dealer said but when it happens, ridiculously expensive to put right. 

Crazy isn't it? I just wish we could go back to simple things like - bulb gone=replace bulb £10 max. Car won't start - it's either fuel or spark =simple diagnosis and fix. The old Yankee V8 muscle cars got it right, trouble was the build quality on those.

10 Best Cars From Companies That No Longer Exist - News 413

Pontiac GTO The Judge is a car that has a 2 door coupé body style with a front positioned engine powering the rear wheels. Its engine is a naturally aspirated petrol, 6.5 litre, overhead valve 8 cylinder with 2 valves per cylinder. In this application it develops 366 bhp (371 PS/273 kW) of power at 5100 rpm, and maximum torque of 603 N·m (445 lb·ft/61.5 kgm) at 3600 rpm. A 4 speed manual 'box delivers the power to the wheels.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links