Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus LS 400 2000/X

Is that you then .....  alias a chipmunk lookalike with some sort of Space Age timepiece and sticking 2 fingers up at someone  ?  🤣

Malc

….moi - Malcolm ! ?

you would’nt recognise me in the street without the shades, though, would you ?

thought pic would have been taken down by now ! ( see, told you all  I was a rebel, alway’s  wanting to ’break the mould’  - be The First ! ).

was asked what my call sign was when flying the Chipmunk - 

’Maverick’, of course 😳 !

anthony

ps: that  Profile Pic ( and other’s ) attracted just south of 2.000 View’s ( ladie’s, Malcolm ) on a dating site - over 6 month’s up to last month, now deregistered…😳

anthony

…..3️⃣. 2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ View’s and 6️⃣ View Pages’s would suggest this is now the Malcolm and Anthony Show ? 

see how I defer to your rank, Malcolm ?

incidentally, have just been promoted from Contributor to Enthusiast !

……thank you Lexus Owner’s Club UK.

🏅

anthony

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, borderslad said:

…..3️⃣. 2️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ View’s and 6️⃣ View Pages’s would suggest this is now the Malcolm and Anthony Show ? 

see how I defer to your rank, Malcolm ?

incidentally, have just been promoted from Contributor to Enthusiast !

……thank you Lexus Owner’s Club UK.

🏅

anthony

Get a room .:tongue:

• Haha 2

…Stephen I, sincerely, thank you for your suggestion re accommodation !

even more, I appreciate you taking the time to both compose and mail a post to me.

this is my 84th post to date ( since 29th April when I first placed my For Sale ad for my year 2000 Lexus LS 400 - just 12 day’s ago ! ) and from a membership of thousand’s you are only the 9th Member to send me a post. flattered, because I have yet to be challenged on any of my 83 contribution’s to date ! 🙂

your suggestion, clearly, refer’s to my use of the word, in my last post, deference…..

I am now going to offer you, Stephen, a philosophy of life, for free, I say again - free!

we all now know I admit to be an old ‘git, however, you Stephen are, I suspect - not !

in an earlier post I alluded to the fact that I had enjoyed a life of continuing self-analysis, indeed, now recognised by the fact my personality is that of a Lone Wolf or a Sigma Male- search those heading’s - that is me ! 😲.

….now then, Stephen, this philosophy. for decade’s now, whenever I come into contact with a new person in my life him, her, other, I am immediately assessing their potential on the PPI principle - PPI ? Person of Possible Influence. could this person help me to improve my lifestyle, become a friend and not an aquaintance, make me more money, maybe even change my life ! 😲🫠😃.

Stephen, let me give you an actual example of this PPI philosophy………

back in the late 90’s I was a 2nd line (senior) Manager for a major, southern based, Brewer. part of my dutie’s were to attend various function’s in London and The South.

at one such function  I met, purely by chance, a gentleman who, later in the conversation, revealed he was the CEO of British Airway’s ! 

during our discussion we found  out we had both attended the same private preparatory school. immediately a casual but clear bond was created between us - we could have been school pal’s ! 

so close were we, Stephen, you could have thought ‘ get a room, you two.’

you would have been so seriously wrong Stephen - this man changed my life !

in a humorous style I told him the story, which I relayed to you all earlier, about my flying adventure’s at Biggin Hill, in the early 60’s, with the ageing ex RAF Chipmunk.

as I told him the story I noted a look of relief on his face. 

finishing the story, we ordered yet another round of drink’s and then he looked at me and said ‘so you can fly a plane, then?’. ‘well’, I said, ‘I certainly understand the rudiment’s of flying - I can fly straight and level, bank left and right and climb and dive, even taxi on the ground. I did confess I had not taken off or landed an aircraft.

he knocked back his malt whisky and I finished my ginger ale (driving, see) in one !

looking at me he said, ‘Anthony, I think you can help me out of a hole. the pilot issue at British Airway’s is chronic at the moment - we are in desperate need of pilot’s, just can’t find any. I feel I know you as a friend now - could you do me a big, big favour ?’ I replied’ just name it, if I can - I will’.

‘we are desperately seeking a pilot to take our 747 flight BA 3577 to Nairobi tomorrow morning from Heathrow - take off at 11.35 hour’s. she’s a new ship, you will have 472 passenger’s and crew aboard. please Anthony, would you?’

‘well’, I said, ‘why not - willing to give it a try and sound’s like fun. how much difference can there be between an old Chipmunk and a  brand new 747 ? surely, they will both have altimeter’s, heading indicator, airspeed indicator and turn and bank gauge’s ? - guess I could muddle through the take off and landing’. 😳

’ but please will you do it, Anthony ?’

’ok’, I said as we shook hand’s and we both left to return home

Stephen - the rest is history as per my pic earlier ! that man changed my life simply because I applied the PPI philosophy ! you see, ‘getting a room’ just doe’s not cut it anymore, also take note Malcolm and Ken !

have to say, dear reader, loved the job, loved the reward’s the uniform the world travel and the……..girl’s !🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠

alway’s remember, with such affection, on the long haul flight’s I would often fly the 747, with the seatbelt sign on, of course (silly) - inverted (🙃) - the passenger’s loved it ! cabin crew got hacked off trying to serve them drink”s, though !😲 

a caution, dear reader, the next time you board an airliner, any carrier, and the Captain and crew are waiting to greeting you on board, look at the Captain and ask yourself - is he fully qualified? or is he, she ,other there as a result of

the old pal’s act ?

anthony

• Like 1

then we’re all trainee passengers in life eh 🤣

NOW ……. how’s the Lexus sale progressing ? 

Malc 

• Like 1

….ps: re Danny and The Juniors video (mono) ‘ Rock’n Roll is Here to Stay ‘, that’s me, with the spec’s, at 1.35 sec’s in !

anthony

….never forget, dear reader’s, our gang motto:

we don’t care what people say.

rock’n roll is here to stay !

anthony

Three score and ten on Monday so, no.

I could also apply half a lifetime of Clinical Psychology to your post, but will not.

The fact is you come over has positive and frankly that is good enough so let's keep the focus there.

Malc and I have a history of banter and the 'joke' was for him.

• Like 1

….’ most of the chracter’s and event’s depicted in these post’s are entirely fictictious and any similarity to name’s, alive or deceased, or incident’s is entirely coincidental…

anthony

• Haha 1

…odd ?

before I begged you, loyal gang member’s, to watch Danny and The Junior’s singing ‘ Rock’n Roll is here to stay’, they had accumulated, from 11 year’s ago, a total of 1.384 million view’s !

currently, the number has escalated to over 1.386+ million !

why would that have escalated so much in such a short time ? 😳

I believe the gig is so bad it’s verging on good ! (hey, ain’t I good looki’n, eh ?).

is it just me, or have you got an ear worm ? 🐛 (don’t have a worm-this will have to do!).

anthony

….remember, this is the song emanating from the bale of scrap metal that used to be, Christine, in the film 😲! within second’s the camera pull’s away and the credit’s roll.

…do you think Danny is Ai or is somebody moving him with a stick ?

could be a vent act, his lip’s don’t move much, do they ?

I used to have ear’s like that - when I was 7 !

anthony

….’ Rock’n Roll is here to stay’ was recorded by the group in January 1958 !

I was only 14 !

absolutely staggering, view’s for this video are now just south of 1.387 million view’s !! 😲😲

can tell you, now, loyal, and growing Gang Member’s - these  Danny’s View’s are what our own Lexus Owner’s Club UK are forecasting for, this site, this time next year ! 😃😃😃

……told you I would be a millionaire !! 🙂 🙃 🙂

brilliant move by the genius video director - he pull’s Danny, the lead singer, from 1.08 - 1.43 second’s ( a total of 35 second’s from a 3minute 50 second track - 15% ! ) - absolute magic - you could not make it up !

where is Danny ? - is that him clapping along sitting on the stage step’s ?

appalling camera angle from the stage peering ‘down’ on Danny in the aisle - accentuate’s his ear’s !

poor camera position management - watch the stage pedestal camera unit being pushed across to the wing’s !

( apologie’s, did I not tell you, for 10 year’s, I was the Lead Master Cameraman for the BBC Outside Broadcasting Unit managing 400 staff and a fleet of liveried hgv’s - from 1963 on !

see the blonde at 1.29 sec’s ? 6 year’s later she was my Wife ! ( mainly because I was in possession of an over large version of the item her badge was displaying at the gig.…🤭 ).

check out the hankie’s in the breast pocket’s of The Group ( and the mc ) - they were cardboard ! true - a piece of white cotton stapled to a pocket size card ( all the rage in the late 50’s ) ! even I am wearing one - look at me !

Anthony

.…have just been asked the name of my First Wife -

of course, her name was Deirdre…

but when I first met her, I have to be honest and say it was her surname that attracted  me……………Rockefeller ! 😃😲.

no ! dear loyal and fast growing members, that is simply not true - it was a very rare, and silly, joke 🙁. !

what is true, my First Wife was a cinema usherette ( remember those ? ) when I met her.

her father was a farmer and he said to me, he said ‘ Anthony - if you marry my daughter I will give you 4 acre’s ( 1.619 hectare’s ) and a cow ! ‘

you know - I never got those 4 acre’s ( 1.619 hectare’s )  ! 🤭.

embarrasingly, will alway’s remember the all white wedding, cost thousand’s, when the organist struck up ‘here come’s the bride’, the congregation stood up and Wife- to- be came down the aisle - backward’s ! 😲😲😲😲.

you will all now be aware that at 19 I had joined The BBC as a Lead Master Cameraman.

I remember my career aspiration’s and  desire’s as early as 16 ! I had passed all my O level GCE’s ( no S’s in those day’s ), all the art’s and ologie’s etc.. the career’s teacher, keen to recommend insurance or banking, asked me what I wanted to do when I left education. ‘well’ I replied ‘I want to be a school crossing patrol officer’, he retorted ‘with all your extensive academic achievement’s to date Anthony why, on earth, would you be one of those ?’, ‘well sir’ I said ‘ simply because I won’t have to start work until I am 65 ! ‘.😳🙄

I left college at 18 ( with A level’s ) and needed to find a job.

successful at interview with my qualification’s, became a Dormitory Attendant at Roedean Girl’s (public) School, near Brighton for a year ! 🤪 😜 🤪.

only paid £7 per week - but was all I could afford at the time…….

anthony

my early

….now seriously into mono after viewing The Gang Video so many time’s - thought you would all be interested in this one off, rare mono, photograph, of your Leader I just found:

the gig ? look’s like a pub, likely in South London. 

the year ? - 1968

the trio ? ‘The 3 Degree’s’ 🙄. that’s me, with necessary Buddy Holly spec’s, playing          
                 Bass, Tim on Maraca’s and Tambourine, Paul on Lead Guitar ! 🫠

for those of you who don’t have the skill to lip-read - we are performing The Blue’s Brother’s hit ‘everybody need’s somebody’ (easy bass chord’s, see 😲!).

all wearing white roll neck jumper’s - on trend at the time !

famous? very, very big on Tristan da Cunha - hundred’s of fan letter’s from the 234 resident’s ! never toured the island - our old Transit van would never have made it ! 🙄

anthony

IMG_0438.jpeg

….into boarding school at 5 through to 13 !

your Leader at 7 - see what I mean about the ear’s ? 😲

the eagle badge ? The League of Friend’s - a saving’s plan for Charity, at school.

when I was young my Mum used to encourage me to save my pocket money and put it into a grey saving’s box on the wall - I was 14 when I realised it was an electricity meter ! 😃 🙄

IMG_0439.jpeg

….so sorry, Gang, need the 100 post’s before I depart ! 🙃

last year boarded an airliner as a passenger and not a pilot. 

alway’s turn left on boarding an airliner, like my year 2000 Lexus LS 400, will only travel 1st Class 🙄.

later, sitting in a window seat I was looking down at the ground below.

I remarked to my partner, sitting along side me: ‘those people down there look like ant’s!’ she lean’t over to take a look and replied

……’those are ant’s - we haven’t taken off, yet’ 🙄

anthony

• Haha 1

….Danny and The Junior’s are the only singing group I have ever seen where the Backing Singer’s are actually better than the Lead, Danny !

watch the video again. (now 1.387+ million view’s !). 😲

agree ?

anthony

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links