Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2001 RX300 Roof rails or roof bars

Posted (edited)

Dear all. I am having a hard time finding roof bars or even roof rails for my newly acquired Lexus RX300 (2001 plate)

Any and all suggestions welcome.

I have searched eBay and thule and general web searched for about a month but nothing.

There is one on eBay but even the seller doesn't think it will fit.

Camping season is coming us and I need to attach the roof box somehow.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Mike Cordina
adding pictures

No problem sourcing cheap rail systems IF the 2001 model is the same as the 2003-2005 fitment:  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185474533991?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338749392&toolid=20006&_ul=GB&customid=GB_131090_185474533991.146649679390~1872802775217-g_CjwKCAjw9IayBhBJEiwAVuc3ftI-LZ2EI-uU6h9C7x7BAheEcLm7_XIaof21WXdFgi7YVpH4IBYHRxoCWSQQAvD_BwE

If not, bars are going to be easier to source I suspect.

The issue with many bars is wind noise.  Despite using aero bars, I found them as noisy as straight square section bars.  Rails don't add much but at least give you the option of using a wide variety of bars or racks of your choice.  Racks have the advantage that you can add a reasonable amount of luggage (there is a roof mass restriction to loading in all cases) and they're less awkward to mount than large roof boxes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links