Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reverse sensors

i fitted the system myself about 6 months ago, i had to drill some 21mm holes in the bumper ( measure twice, cut once etc)

I am happy with the system and find it to be very accurate (to the cm) - only thing i dont like is that when you are not close to something i.e.within approx 1.5m the display hunts around a bit.

Apart from that no probs.

ill get some pics of the sensors today.

No worries........ask away. I know it sounds silly fitting them to a Polo but it makes life so much easier trying to get out of a parking bay at night when the back screen is misty etc at your local supermarket!! Also I havent had to have the bumpers resprayed on this car ( glad my wife doesnt read this!!):lol:

I cannot wait to fit mine... I have bought Quanan kit and looking forward to some free time next week to fit the kit.

Also have the latest sensors which have just come out...

I will keep you all informed

hey, Blue. That looks quite good. But, all, I looked at my IS today and there is a lip along the bottom of the rear bumper, and you can get behind this lip. Would these sensors not be OK installed there? It's about an inch backwards from the farthest point of the bumper, I know, but you're never really going to be that tight, or rely on one of these devices if you are. Just thought it would be an easy install, rather than taking the bumper off?

To be honest Grangey, that was why I used stick on sensors on the Polo and had Lexus drill the bumper and fit the sensors on the IS, bit of a coward you see, having said that there have been other postings on this subject and it doesnt seem very difficult to remove the bumper anyway. I have read that there is nothing behind the bumper skin but foam.

If I had a new car I think I would be happy to have a go myself. The actual wiring up of the system is a doddle once you have made those bloody holes.

Originally posted by Administrator

The sensors need to be 18" above floor level minimum

Just measured the height to the bottom of the skirt, and it's 15". Is the 18" critical? Just looked at maybe putting them in a similar place to those on Blue's Polo, and I think our bumpers (on the 200) are too deep. They would obstruct the downward beam? May take a chance with them in the bottom of the skirt. 3" may not make that much difference (that's what my wife says, anyway!!)

on the kit i have it doesnt really matter how high/low the sensors are as it tells you to angle the sensors up/down depending how high they are mounted.

If you have a hole saw i dont think you need to remove the bumper - i did as i only had a spade bit:( to drill the holes - easier to mark also.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links