Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vvti Timers

AdamT

Is there such a product out there that alows you to change the point of RPM where the VVTI effect takes place?

Eg, as you would with a VTec timer??

What I'm trying to say is, is it possible to lower the point of RPM where the 2nd fuel rail kicks in? - (Forgive me if thats not technically correct :duh: )

The 4K increase has nothing to do with vvt-i. That is the ACIS shortening the air intake and also the engine going into 'performance' mode by altering timing and fueling.

You could probably make the ACIS open at a different rpm but what that would do to performance on it's own is probably quite small.

To alter the timing would require the engine ECU to be re-programmed, not something that is possible on the IS. So you would need a piggyback or seperate ECU to control that. This would be quite complex.

We were the first in the UK to install and tune the HKS Valcon system which allows adjustment and tuning of the VVTi version of the 2JZ GTE engine.

The Valcon system comes with a special camshaft and a controller which allows VVT adjustment against throttle angle, RPM and airflow.

A VVT Supra we did last week showed a gain of 30Nm at 3000rpm which we were impressed with, so it may be worth trying on the is200 (but it is an expensive system).

How expensive  :blush:

Would the bhp increase be dependent on other modifications?

What would your estimated increase be to a standard UK IS200?

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to either question as we have not done it before, and as far as I know no-one else has either.

Normally some-one says "I want it" then it gets made.

• 3 weeks later...
How expensive  :blush:

Would the bhp increase be dependent on other modifications?

What would your estimated increase be to a standard UK IS200?

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to either question as we have not done it before, and as far as I know no-one else has either.

Normally some-one says "I want it" then it gets made.

Does anyone here know if there are any cam upgrades for the 1F-GE and 2JZ-GE motors? So far I've only seen 1J- and 2JZ-GTE-compatible stuff of this kind.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links