Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A Sad Day Is Coming......

Stu

I can't believe that i am actually considering this, but it seems that in the not too distant future the IS might need to go in favour of a slightly bigger vehicle. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Reasons:

1. Baby (also need wipe clean leather seats for vomit etc) :yack:

2. Dog :huh:

3. Travelling with 1 & 2

So, i'm after some advice on both selling the IS in it's current form (see garage for specs, bear in mind it's only an 'S' model), including some ideas of value for both PX and private sale.

Also some advice on an appropriate kind of 4X4. I am after something reliable, a decent size, Diesel (preferably turbo), and i don't want to spend any more case than i get back for the IS. Just to add - i hate shoguns, fords, BMW's, and terranos.

Anyone gis some help on all this lot?

Cheers chaps and chappeses!

Stu

I would say you are looking around 7.5 to 8k mark for yours .And to be honest for that money the shogun or the isuzu is the better 4x4 ,otherwise you will be looking at the discovery and the jeep etc which in my opinion are not good buys ,shame you cant add a bit to it as the landcruiser colarado is a good 4x4 and for around 10k you can get a decent one

I've been looking at the range rover mostly, but a shogun is not on the list of desirables, i can't stand them at all!

Stu

range rovers :yack: spend more time in the garage than on the road mate, not cheep to put right, and YOU WILL have to put it right, my mate has a garage and i see them in there all the time, the samller ones not much better, the one with the rover engine ( freelander ) lot of problems, stay jap mate.

Problem is the limited choice, as i can't stand shoguns, pajeros, etc. and nor do i like the suzuki things!!!

Bit cautious of Isuzu, as my sister has a trooper, and that has had to have loads of work done on it, and Nissan, well, they ain't all that!!

What does that leave me?

Stu

Having been in your situation I would suggest that you take all the vehicles on as long a test drive as possible!! you will hate them they all feel so sloppy, (that's my technical term) also and this is a very good point try your multi story car park, we finally purchased a Isuzu Trooper, there was not much lock on the vehicle so every turn in the car park ended up being nearly a three point turn!! not good when there is a queue of people behind. :blush:

We saw a Shogun stuck the other week in a car park because it was to high, the car park had loads of pipes in the roof! (it was the one in the Butts in Reading) the poor woman was in tears, my hubby very kindly helped her out of that one. :D

We sold the Trooper as we could not stand it any longer lost loads of money we ended up with a Renault Espace not the best of vehicles but it was quite cheap, and not to bad to drive (you can get a pram in the back if you take the seats out and don't even have to fold it down I was the envy of all my friends). I wished now we had just purchaed that first, we could have put the rest of the money away ready for the decent replacement in a few years.

Why not go for a estate car I had last year a VW Passatt 4 motion estate that was a fantastic car, no problems with dog or pram in that one, and a decent drive.

Problem is the limited choice, as i can't stand shoguns, pajeros, etc. and nor do i like the suzuki things!!!

Bit cautious of Isuzu, as my sister has a trooper, and that has had to have loads of work done on it, and Nissan, well, they ain't all that!!

What does that leave me?

Stu

jeep, but use lots of fuel.

Guest mark_tsang

Stu - a Landcruiser colorado turbo diesel, there big & reliable i took an imported Prado diesel for a spin & very responsive i found even if it was a auto.

Not too keen on them either, too square looking!

Can you tell i don't really want to get rid if the IS?!?!? :P

Also, i am a real fussy git when it comes to my cars!

Stu

im fussy to stu, thought i could do the 4x4 thing, got shogun lwb fantastic car lots of room, kids loved it, lots of kit inside, didnt have any problems with it at all. but i just liked my cars to much, so got rid and got myself volvo t5 est.

Ok, so here is the general consenus so far:

Range Rover: Avoid - expensive to repair and unreliable

Discovery: Don't like

Freelander: Not safe enough, only 2 star award

Landcruiser: possibility

Trooper: cautios but possible

Nissan: Don't like

Ford: Hell would freeze over first!

BMW: Hell would freeze over and then defrost first!

Shogun/Pajero etc: I'd sooner drive a Volvo!

Volvo's & estates: I'd sooner drive a Skoda!

I know this seems like i am putting up barriers to you guys, but i am really particular about the vehicle i drive, it took me about 10 months to finally choose and buy my IS200s, after looking at loads.

I do appreciate the advice from you guys, so please don't stop!!!

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links