Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Annoying Creak!

Pejay

Can anybody help me? :crybaby:

I have a very irritating creaking type of noise coming from either the top left of my sunroof or the nearside front passenger door area.

It seems to be more frequent when the car has warmed up and when it goes over humps.

The only way I can describe it is a sort of creaking/groaning noise as if a nut/screw is loose and needs tightining.

This noise has been driving me crazy for a while and I have oiled/greased all the doors and sunroof but its still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the wife has noticed it and she wants to sell the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SACRALIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I think its time to find a cure or find a new wife!!! :yack:

PLEASE PLEASE HELP .

i know this might seem simple but have you tied driving around with the sunroof bind pulled back to see if that helps

or pulled forward if is pulled back.

or try it with the sunroof open to check it out also

if all else fails you can sell her on eBay ( the wife that is ) :winky:

It could be the plastic trim on the frame around the glass panel of the sunroof.

My old IS creaked quite a lot from this area until the dealer took the roof out and refitted it - after that it was much worse :angry:

Just pushing gently on these black plastic trims caused the same creaking noise, but the dealer "couldn't find it" :blink:

I had the same thing last year.

It turned out to be the sun roof blind track which had a loose bolt/rivet.

It took the garage ages to find the problem, but once they traced the problem , they fixed it.

Try wedging the blind (between the blind and the roof cover) ( don`t close the blind) to see if that stops it---- it did with mine. java script:emoticon(':)')

smilie

i know this might seem simple but have you tied driving around with the sunroof bind pulled back to see if that helps

or pulled forward if is pulled back.

or try it with the sunroof open to check it out also

if all else fails you can sell her on ebay  ( the wife that is )  :winky:

I have tried driving with the sunroof open and it makes no difference. When

i close the sunroof bind the noise is stil there but it is slightly more muffled.

I think it may be coming from the black underframe of the sunroof................ let me have a try at fixing it............ I WILL BE BACK.

By the way does anybody wanna buy my wife before I put her on eBay??? :D

Mine has it ! I was told that it is a shield in front of the sunroof that is broken.

You have to take down the interior roof panel to fix.

I haven´´t foxed mine because all mechanics will spoil the interior roof panel with their dirty hands and I want to do it myself.

I´ll check it out and let know.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links