Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice

johnthezoo

Hi I'm looking at buying an IS200 from a dealer in Manchester it's a SE model year 2000 on a W plate. I've not seen the car yet as I live in the Isle of Man and am going to view it on Monday. My question is that the dealer has said that is not fitted with a CD player would this be true?

He has offered to give me a sony 10 disc unit F.O.C and I will have to fit it. Can it be connected up to the head unit in the car and will it work with the contols.

Secondly, any buying advice would be greatfully received.

If it hasn't got the standard CD player the dealer shouldn't be trying to sell it as an approved used car (it is a Lexus dealer you are talking about?). All UK supplied IS200s come with a 6 disc changer head unit.

Walk away, there are plenty of others about.

Look in the knowledgebase for things to look out for. Use the righthand drop down box (LOC Navigation) at the top of the page for the link.

Good advice Colin,

they are becoming more common second hand, i would definately search

www.lexus.co.uk approved used cars, some of the prices will suprise you. There are some bargains to be had if you search the used car section properly, especially up north.

Thanks, no it's not a Lexus dealer just a garage in Manchester that was advertising on the Auto trader website.

I'm having trouble finding one with the right mileage on it for reasonable money. Drove one today for the first time, was considering another 3- series until I drove it. Very impressive!!

I'll have to check it out properly with an HPI check before I part with any cash.

hi mate, i live in manchester if you want me to go and have a look at the car for you its not a problem, just drop me a pm with the address of the garage and your number and i will give you a call, cheers gordon

Thanks but I've found another one in Bath of all places with all the right history and mileage and it's got a CD player. The dealer sounds genuine enough and was more helpful then the guy in Manchester (I'm still waiting for him to E-mail me some photo's of the car that he promised me yesterday lunchtime and he's not phoned me back). Think I'll leave that one as a back up. I really need to pick one up this week as I'm only in England until the 28th.

Thanks again for the help.

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links