Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carputer Project Thread- Sign Up Here!

Ravstar

I want my CARPC for MP3 primarily rather than Satnav, as this is what I will use it for most of the time. I don't travel to that many places that I don't know, hence why the cost factor for the satnav software is a factor in my choice of software.

I'm opting to replace the whole system in my car, headunit, amps, wiring & speakers :)

Cheers for the brilliant input so far lads, it's got the brain cells fired up (all 3 of them). The aux input thing is a big issue, and as for the software I reckon within the next few months there should be some good reliable stuff out, as the whole satnav 'scene' is really kicking off since tomtom go came out a while back- everyone is getting on the bandwagon, which can only be a good thing.

I too don't want to tear my IS200 to shreds (as it will prolly invalidate my dealer warranty), therefore I'm looking for the most conservative route possible.

Is the tape adaptor really bad?

Rav,

I got the iPod one (PodGear) and it is really bad. Maybe if you get a better quality one it will be better? I just thought the with it being the iPod one the quality will be decent - you also need to paint it black! :D

Regarding SatNav software - the market is almost exclusively geared towards the PocketPC/Mobile devices due to the convenience.

I think that in the future probably less companies will develop SatNav software for the Laptop since their is not the demand for it

Already Destinator pulled out of making an official Destinator 3 for the PC (thats why Ninja Monkey has been busy making his own using the SDK) and I have read that Co-Pilot also may stop making a version for the PC if the new version doesn't sell well.. Hence the fact that I am willing to ACTUALLY BUY IT! ;)

Anyway.....Good Luck! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links