Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member Question

Morning all

Had my Black IS200SE for 3 years this Sunday and have just had my 60,000 mile service and MOT done. Agree with the majority of comments about the car made on this forum. My question is, has anybody had a 60,000 mile service because the MOT cost 40 quid and the parts were a 100 but altogether it cost me 530 quid! and nothing was wrong with the car. As you can guess it's not a company car.

That's very worrrying.

My car has 53k on the clock and so I am looking forward to a 60K service soon. I shall have to start saving. £530 seems a little steep though:wow:

I did look at the service manual and noticed that at 60K is a major service. The cam belt needs changing and I am not sure quite what is involved in stripping that out.

Was the bill itemised.

If the MOT was £40 + £100 parts that means that labor was £390:?:

What i would like to know is what they spent 6 hours doing.. i mean if they charge by the hour which would be around £50 an hour right?

Why does it take 6 hours to do those changes?

I moaned at Toyota once for this and they gave me some money back and said it was a mistake.... it was only because it was queried and wanted a breakdown that they said it was a mistake.

Request a breakdown.. your entitled to know what your paying for... if they say no... insist further

If no luck then phone HQ or trading standards

Reply to Lloydo service cost!

I have just recently bought an IS200 SE in Astral Black, it's just coming up to 60K on it.

I have rang the Lexus Dealers (Bradford & Leeds) enquiring about the service and cambelt change etc. Quotes were :

60K service :£140 Inc VAT & labour.

100K service : £320 Inc Parts, VAT & Labour

As regards to Llyodo who payed £530 for a 60K service it's questionable don't you think?:wow::wow:

Lloydo

Goto your dealer and say you want to question the charge and also mention that everyone on the Lexus Owners Club has been quoted less. or in your case much less!

Cheers all for the replies

Spoke to the garage again (Lexus Hatfield just so you know) and the amount is correct. The 320 quid labour incudes the service and then the 'extras' of oil, diff oil, coolant change. So 228 plus the extras and then VAT and the MOT and I kiss goodbye to 530 quid. By the way the hourly rate is £76. I love the car but 530 quid for a 3hr service and MOT on a car with nothing wrong with it does hurt a little. Might take a day off for the 80K service and go to Lexus Bradford!!!!

Lloydo, post a review on the garage - they do get noted. Have you tried calling Lexus GB? Their number's on www.Lexus.co.uk. I don't know if you'll have any joy but they do log the calls - may help in the future? Tell them you are thinking of buying a Ford next time

:o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links