Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This is probably a dumb question but....

i had a problem of my car stalling out in mid dirve.....like i was driving and it just turned off and on but i had to pull over put the car in park before i could start the car again....i ran this by a couple of people a little while ago in another thread and they couldnt even begin to suggest a solution...anyways today on my way to the parking-lot I put my key in the ignition and nothing goes at all...not even a click...so i do what every uneducated person would do and i pop the hood and fiddle with the Battery and notice that the negative conector is not really tight and the positive is really secure....so my question is....could this be the problem and what role does the Battery play in keeping the car itself running? thanx a lot:wow::wow::?:

The Battery is what keeps everything running. The terminals should be as tight as possible and preferably lightly coated with Vaseline ( petroleum jelly) to inhibit corrosive deposits on the terminals. The problem you experienced was caused by the bad connection on the Battery vibrating as you drove along loosing the power supply to the cars vital systems, all be it very short and quick, just like a black-out. Well spotted, save a tow-in .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links