Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got up this morning to find the drivers side mirror hanging!

It has been literally kicked off from behind, breaking the metal bracket in three places!

Phoned Lexus to see if the bracket comes seperate - it doesn't, so thats £220 for a new unit!!! :crying:

I'm really p****d off, some little oik must have thought it was great fun...

B******S!!!!! :angry:

Got up this morning to find the drivers side mirror hanging!

It has been literally kicked off from behind, breaking the metal bracket in three places!

Phoned Lexus to see if the bracket comes seperate - it doesn't, so thats £220 for a new unit!!! :crying:

I'm really p****d off, some little oik must have thought it was great fun...

B******S!!!!! :angry:

think mat supracharged had a set for sale :)

are the wing mirrors photochromatic like on the mk2 GS300?

it would explain the cost for them

shame they dont fold in like on the IS tho :(

I don't thimk they're photochromatic... it's 'cos it's Lexus :blush:

It's the whole unit that I have to get, including the arm that bolts to the door, plus they're colour coded to your cars spec.

Yes it is a shame that they don't fold back and lock into place like the IS. From now on I'll fold them back and hope the a :tsktsk: s think they are locked in place!

No the series I mirrors are not photochromatic.

Guy at work had his mirror broken off in a car park on his Audi A4. Cost £400 to have a new one fitted and they let him off 1 hours labour which would have cost another £100.

Ouch! :yack:

No the series I mirrors are not photochromatic.

Guy at work had his mirror broken off in a car park on his Audi A4. Cost £400 to have a new one fitted and they let him off 1 hours labour which would have cost another £100.

I'm fitting the new mirror myself, so that's saved me a few bob... still £220 though :blink: . Really could have done without it!

have you tried a breakers?

If you have to buy new then you could join our Gold scheme for £25 pa and save yourself £33 with a 15% discount from certain dealers.

I would also double check the part you need isn't available on it's own. It's not unknown for a dealer to not look correctly and assume the part is only available as a whole.

have you tried a breakers?

If you have to buy new then you could join our Gold scheme for £25 pa and save yourself £33 with a 15% discount from certain dealers.

I would also double check the part you need isn't available on it's own. It's not unknown for a dealer to not look correctly and assume the part is only available as a whole.

No Colin, I havn't tried a breakers... didn't really want the hassle of getting a manky ol' thing through the post, then getting it colour matched...

I will deffo join the Gold Club, but think it's probably too late, as I'm fetching the mirror from Lexus Cambridge on Tuesday. Do you know if this branch accept the Gold discount?

The guy from the parts dept assured me that the broken mount was definately not available on it's own, so I guess I'll have to beleive him :huh:

Tony.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links