Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Must Dash

My Lexus went to the dealer for its first service recently...... I also reported that the radio had very poor reception, and there was a rattle behind it.

I was informed that the radio was faulty and they would replace it under warrenty.

First thing I noticed, it looks a little different - surprised me as my car is a 2002 model, so wouldn't have though the stereo would have changed.

Second thing noticed only a week later (as can only see from the passenger seat) was the centre console (soft plastic bit at the side of the stereo) has a 'chip' out of it - looks like damage from a screw driver or other sharp implement - will be taking the car back for them to look at!! :rolleyes:

hi sam, the little chip is caused by the metal frame that the radio and heater control is mounted to -it is pressed metal so the edges are sharp and even if u protect the edges of the dash with masking tape it is still easy to mark the dash!

I also have an awful rattle since it was done - especially when in 2nd, 4th or 6th gear! :?: I had the occasional rattle from behind the radio before - now it is constant - really annoying.

The mark isn't just a mark, it is a chunk out of the plastic - is it repairable, or a new dash?????

• 3 weeks later...

A rattle in 2nd, 4th, and 6th eh? Ive got that.

I was beginning to think it was the leather gater round the gear stick creaking on the rubber one underneath. As I was passing the dealers new shop (lovely GS430 sport in there second hand) I mentioned it. "yeah, some of them do that" he said "a few people have tried vasalene".

I think I'll get them to look at it sometime.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links