Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Article In News Of The World About Makeup

eddiea1

the thing i was most interested in the papers yesterday was an electronics engineer who got done for speeding made a unit that measures the time between the flashes of the camers - aparently they need to be at 60 milliseconds apart to read effectively, but it turns out that most cameras are falling outisde that time to 67 milliseconds to 80 miliseconds.

that would make it look like you are going much faster than you actualy were.

does this give people new grounds to apeal against speeding tickets till an indipendant (not police biased) calibration of the machine was undertaken?

the thing i was most interested in the papers yesterday was an electronics engineer who got done for speeding made a unit that measures the time between the flashes of the camers - aparently they need to be at 60 milliseconds apart to read effectively, but it turns out that most cameras are falling outisde that time to 67 milliseconds to 80 miliseconds.

that would make it look like you are going much faster than you actualy were.

does this give people new grounds to apeal against speeding tickets till an indipendant (not police biased) calibration of the machine was undertaken?

thats why they set the limit above the limit of the road, they can say that even with an xx% error that you were exceeding the limit

exactly, so imagine if you were doing 38 in a 30 and it said you were doing 70mph - me thinks you wouldnt be so happy even with the error factor!

Although there is a tolerance for the timing of the flash, it doesn't realy matter... all that matters is that they know the actual time between the flashes, then they can use the two photographs along with the road markings as the secondary evidence of the offence. The time each ipicture is taken at is recorded on the film.

There is also a similar myth regarding the thickness of the road markings, again it doen't matter if the widths are 150mm or 200mm... as long as there all the same and the distance is relative to the same point eg the leading edge or the trailing edge...

bit if it "thinks" its taking them at 60miliseconds but in "reality" its taking them at 80 miliseconds it will look like you have traveled further and ata greater speed than "reality".

It was enough for him to have his speeding offence quashed i believe!

bit if it "thinks" its taking them at 60miliseconds but in "reality" its taking them at 80 miliseconds it will look like you have traveled further and ata  greater speed than "reality".

It was enough for him to have his speeding offence quashed i believe!

Unfortunatly he didnt get it quashed as he discovered the issue of tolerance just prior to attending court and pleaded guilty. I'll see if I can find the link to the story somewhere.

*edit*

We're both wrong :) He is still challenging it via other means...

http://www.notsoaccurate.com/Page%201.htm

I would say I dont think he has a leg to stand on knowing how PSDB operates etc re type approvals. There is also a farly large thread on safespeed.org as well..

http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopi...der=asc&start=0

Edited by Jiberjaber

took me quite some time to read through but was thouroughly worth it!

All i can say is i admire his spirit and determination, and i wish him every bit of luck possible.

And here is to the potential downfall of the cash cameras.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links