Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:D We would to express our very grateful thanks to all at Lexus GB and to Gill Want in particular for her compassionate and outstanding customer care. Lexus GB arranged for us to pay them the difference and change our SE (+Sat Nav) to an SE L. (See thread on "Joggly ride"). The change to air suspension has made all the difference and suits us a lot better.

The changeover took place at Lexus Bristol and we were pleasantly surprised at the level of attention afforded to us since they were only acting as an intermediary. A big "thank you" to them for the two good bottles of wine and the chocolates and it was nice to get a full tank of fuel this time.

As if all this wasn't enough Gill called us two days later to check that all was OK and that we were happy and then minutes later a huge bouquet of lilies arrived from Lexus GB.

What more can we say :D Thank You :D Alan & Jan

Good news, glad it has all been worked out.

Do you know if there was a problem with your SE or was it just normal ride for the sprung models?

If I remember correctly Lexus gave you an SE-L as a loan car so you may not have been in another SE to compare?

We never found out why we had such a problem with the SE. Despite becoming obsessed with prop. shafts, wheels, tyres etc. we never found an answer. What we did find was an amazing place in Tewkesbury (www.powerstation.org.uk) Great guys. They did a fantastic job of rebalancing the wheels after Quik Fit made 'em worse. They have an old German machine that really spins 'em. Although the place was full of Subaru's, Mercs, and BMW they get in to race tune, it was great to see them admiring the rear view camera and seeing how close they could get to a posh Merc. without hitting it.

As you said Colin, some people prefer the coil spring whilst others prefer the air suspension. We clearly fall into the SE L category - despite the costly difference.

We feel sorry we made the wrong decision initially, but we will always be grateful to Lexus BG for coming to our rescue.

So no more "Jogglebox" Al and Jan :driving: :D

I only test drove the SE-L (with air), and in a moment of madness bought that one rather than the more sensible SE. Mine is in for some minor cosmetic work after it ate a Metro which started a fight with it (long story) and I presently have an SE as a courtesy car.

Yesterday I took it down to Gatwick on my way to the Geneva motor show and I ended up with back ache. It bounces and judders horrendously. No disrespect to the SE owners on here, but if they are all like that I don't know how you put up with it.

Strangley most of the press reviews I've seen say go for the car with coils, but I can't understand how or why, other than the fact that its better value.

Guys. although I have other issues with the RX300 SE , I must say the 2005 model which I have drives better than the air sprung SE-L I borrowed for 500Miles, I found the air sprung 2005 model harder and bumpier than mine !!!! PS) and it was set at Normal use. :unsure:

OK so after a few hundred miles, I think the loaner SE feels fine on most roads, particularly our nice new smooth A120. But I'm still getting back ache driving on rough motorways like the M25 and I'm still glad I went mad and plumped for the SE-L.

One thing that is bugging me is that the loaner is much much better on fuel consumption, the engine sounds smoother and the transmission is much less shunty than mine. Mine has done about 5K miles and the loaner has done 28K, is this just because it's more run-in or does mine need some attention ?

OK so after a few hundred miles, I think the loaner SE feels fine on most roads, particularly our nice new smooth A120. But I'm still getting back ache driving on rough motorways like the M25 and I'm still glad I went mad and plumped for the SE-L.

One thing that is bugging me is that the loaner is much much better on fuel consumption, the engine sounds smoother and the transmission is much less shunty than mine. Mine has done about 5K miles and the loaner has done 28K, is this just because it's more run-in or does mine need some attention ?

One point, I found the tyre pressures up on my new car (35PSI) and on the loaner, they should be 32PSI, I let both cars tyres down to the correct pressures and what a diference it made, asked the dealer about the setting , they said 35 was ok, IT'S NOT. :ohmy:

One point, I found the tyre pressures up on my new car (35PSI) and on the loaner, they should be 32PSI, I let both cars tyres down to the correct pressures and what a diference it made, asked the dealer about the setting , they said 35 was ok, IT'S NOT. :ohmy:

I'll check that when it comes back, thanks for the tip.

D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links