Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swapping Out The Trust/greddy Filter

The trust/greddy induction kit is to quiet for my liking.

I'm thinking of swapping the filter for a stainless mesh one, like these CLICKY

Anyone got one fitted? or any recommendations of a cheaper stainless mesh filter? (which still removes the particles well)

The trust/greddy induction kit is to quiet for my liking.

I'm thinking of swapping the filter for a stainless mesh one, like these CLICKY

Anyone got one fitted? or any recommendations of a cheaper stainless mesh filter? (which still removes the particles well)

I have a BLITZ SUS for my Altezza and it is loud when you open up the throttles very aggressively, if you drive quite civilised with progressive accelleration you won't notice it. It affects your mpg too as you'll be constatntly mashing the pedal to get the roar!

In terms of performance I don't notice it - I think it's better but then this could be due to the noise levels?? I know the standard exhaust is choking it at the moment, so once I have that sorted I think it's pick up will be improved considerably - perhaps even more so with a cold air box and induction feed.

maybe different for IS? Noise is niiiiiice tho'

The metal mesh filters are much louder than the other foam/cotton ones...

BUT they are NOT TOO GOOD when it comes to filtration...

how much of an issue is it though?

over the lifetime of the car, has there ever been any cases of say engine failure, worn bores due to inefficent filtration?

i've ordered a cheapy 40 quid one from eBay, mainly to see what it sounds like, if it's good i'll look at getting a proper blitz one, but they aren't cheap!

The metal mesh filters are much louder than the other foam/cotton ones...

BUT they are NOT TOO GOOD when it comes to filtration...

how much of an issue is it though?

over the lifetime of the car, has there ever been any cases of say engine failure, worn bores due to inefficent filtration?

i've ordered a cheapy 40 quid one from eBay, mainly to see what it sounds like, if it's good i'll look at getting a proper blitz one, but they aren't cheap!

Wouldn`t be a problem Nick, just saying they don`t filter as good... :)

cool

I knew they aren't as good at filtration, but have never heard of any reported problems, just wanted to check in case you might have known something damaging :)

hopefully it'll be here by the weekend so I can report on it :D

Hey, quick question. Anyone knows if the blitz induction kits fit the IS200? From what the local dealer over here (Singapore) is telling me, the blitz kits are only for the SXE10s (RS200s). Would appreciate it if anyone could confirm whether or not the blitz kits can fit on the IS200s as the blitz dealer here does not keep stock, and I don't want to end up ordering the stuff and not having it fit.

On another note, are there any kits other than the trust/greddy ones which are confirmed to fit onto the IS200s?

Thanks!

Hey, quick question. Anyone knows if the blitz induction kits fit the IS200? From what the local dealer over here (Singapore) is telling me, the blitz kits are only for the SXE10s (RS200s). Would appreciate it if anyone could confirm whether or not the blitz kits can fit on the IS200s as the blitz dealer here does not keep stock, and I don't want to end up ordering the stuff and not having it fit.

On another note, are there any kits other than the trust/greddy ones which are confirmed to fit onto the IS200s?

Thanks!

there is someone selling kits for £249, or i am selling this one for £175

gallery_4053_53_1106685380.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links