Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 220d

i was told it was coz of turbo lag on the engine and the auto transmsions not being that compatible, ie turbo starting to spin just when the auto changes up.

that sounded like a load of horse :tsktsk: too me, bearing in mind their are other manufacturers offering this option.

mind you it was a yank lexus dealer that told me this the other day when i asked :lol:

My initial thoughts are because most diesel IS will be bought by company car drivers. An auto hikes up the CO2 levels and hence your tax bill. Jaguar follow the same logic with the X-type.

Shame though because Audi put in a CVT gearbox ehich doesn't affect CO2 so I'm sure Lexus could do similar.

I've seen the torque curve for this engine and it's a little peaky - it might be a little difficult to keep it in the optimum power band. That said the peak is a looooong way up and it's still going to have oodles of oomph through 2k-4k.

yeah the very same 4 pot diesel. imo its ok for the Avensis but a little unclassy to have a 4 cylinder diesel in the IS220.... but in these times of economies of scale and limited platforms / engines / lots of models I guess they couldnt justify a whole new 6 cylinder diesel for the Lexus.....

I dont know much about engine & transmission compatibilities but you find lots of diesel japanese cars in UK/Europe are manual only but in japan most are offered in auto too & most of them are Turbo Diesels too. No auto??!!considering BMW & mercedes diesels etc...are offered in auto option, did i say most turbo diesel Toyota cars in japan are offered in auto?!

i was told it was coz of turbo lag on the engine and the auto transmsions not being that compatible, ie turbo starting to spin just when the auto changes up.

that sounded like a load of horse    :tsktsk:      too me, bearing in mind their are other manufacturers offering this option.

mind you it was a yank lexus dealer that told me this the other day when i asked  :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links