Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Dust Shields

Awais

Just been checking a few web sites and found one that does the brake dust shields for GS300.

They custonmise th shield to each type of alloy wheel, just send them a picture of the wheel and they sort the rest out.

The cost is £39.00 a pair or £59.00 for a full set.

Any chance of sorting out a group buy.

Not sure of the type you mean, but you have to be careful with heat and therfore warranty issues with some of them. I had some fitted on a F*r* I used to own and had to remove them each time car went to garage ............ they did the job though :)

Just been checking a few web sites and found one that does the brake dust shields for GS300.

They custonmise th shield to each type of alloy wheel, just send them a picture of the wheel and they sort the rest out.

I know what you mean, a universal centre plate with a 18' rubber mat that you cut down to size the wheel, i sold these some years ago and had to discontinue the sales soon after! "why" most modern cars vent the brakes through the front valance and the "wheel", once the mat was fitted the customer suffered brake fade due to the pads over heating, look at the wheel pattern and you can see in most cases the spokes are angled the reason is to capture air and cool the brakes , please be careful... unless things have changed?

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean, a universal centre plate with a 18' rubber mat that you cut down to size the wheel, i sold these some years ago and had to discontinue the sales soon after! "why" most modern cars vent the brakes through the front valance and the "wheel", once the mat was fitted the customer suffered brake fade due to the pads over heating, look at the wheel pattern and you can see in most cases the spokes are angled the reason is to capture air and cool the brakes , please be careful... unless things have changed?

The front are fitted with black diamond vented and grooved discs witht eh predator pads, i do on average 600 miles mix of motorway and local so the bakes are used a fair bit.

Based on the advise will leave the brakes as is and just clean them more often.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links