Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Maf Sensor

Can anyone point me to the MAF sensor on my IS

Want to give it a clean and can't find it :duh:

AM

Thanks

Neil

It's the black thingy in front of the K&N logo. Looks the same on standard induction

Sorry, can't attache image.... check my garage

the is200 doesnt have a MAF sensor

How does it measure air?

It has a MAP sensor (Manifold Air Pressure) ;)

Follow a green wire with red stripes.... it's hidden between firewall and airbox (cam). :)

Thanks for the posts guys and not wanting to offend anyone, maybe Im just thick but I am still confused. :duh:

MAF, MAP or both?

My understanding is summed up below

Would have thought that a MAP in the air box would not measure much as pressure would stay at much around 1 bar (assuming no blower) especially upsteam of the filter. If there is a major difference downstream of the filter the filter would not be passing a lot of air and choking the engine. For a MAP to measure anything it would need to be down stream of the throttle butterfly in the manifold e.g between the throttle and the inlet valves. Coupled with other parameters such as engine revs and throttle opening air flow could be calculated.

A MAP could just tell the ECU the manifold pressure so it knows the pressure difference between fuel and manifold so it can control the amount of fuel being injected per "squirt" but this seems a bit OTT :excl:

Now MAF in the airbox makes sense to my simple brain. Air flow times cross sectional area equals volume per second going into the engine. Couple that with air temp, warm air being less dense than cold air, or maybe me, mass air flow can be worked out by the ECU. Pressure difference between fuel and manifold can be maintained by a variable restriction on the fuel return to the tank directly controlled by manifold vaccuum :)

Am I totally off base with the above?

So back to my confusion. MAF, MAP but surely not both.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links