Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nigerian 419

Mr Morse

I spend some of my time working in Nigeria, officially the 3rd most corrupt contry on earth.

Some of you may be familiar with the scam known as 419 where some dodgy dealer sends a fax or email saying that due to a contract overpayment (or other reason), that they have a big load of money sitting in an account, which they are prepared to give you a cut if you assist in getting the money out of the country.

Basically what happens, is that you are continually asked for more and more money to pay various taxes, bribes etc. Of course the person being scammed never gets to see one Dollar.

I am amazed how many people still fall for this.

Here's an example of on I just received by email:

20 Kole Crescent,

Maryland, Ikoye

Lagos-Nigeria.

DEAR FRIEND,

I GUESS THIS LETTER MAY COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISE SINCE I HAD NO PREVIOUS CORRESPONDENCE WITH YOU. MY NAME IS MR.SALIM BELLO,I AM THE PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIRMAN OF INDEPENDENT ELECTORAL COMMISSION (INEC) ABEL GOUBADIA.I GOT YOUR CONTACT IN THE COURSE OF MY SEARCH FOR A RELIABLE PERSON WITH WHOM TO HANDLE A VERY CONFIDENTIAL TRANSACTION INVOLVING A HUGE FUND VALUED AT TEN MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS. THE ABOVE FUND IN QUESTION IS NOT CONNECTED WITH ARMS,DRUGS OR MONEY LAUNDERING. IT IS THE PRODUCT OF OVER INVOICE ON CONTRACT AWARDED IN JANUARY 2003 BY INEC, TO A FOREIGN COMPANY FOR THE SUPPLY OF ELECTORAL MATERIALS THAT WAS USED FOR CONDUCTING APRIL/MAY, 2003 ELECTIONS. THE CONTRACT HAS BEEN EXECUTED AND PAYMENT OF THE ACTUAL CONTRACT AMOUNT MADE TO THE FOREIGN CONTRACTOR LEAVING THE BALANCE OF $10M U.S DOLLARS.

FOLLOWING THIS, THE CHAIRMAN WAS ABLE TO TRANSFER THE SAID FUND WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF A DIPLOMAT TO A SAFE-KEEPING COMPANY IN HOLLAND. THE NAME OF THE COMPANY IS [FIRST ATLANTIC FINANCE AND SECURITY DEPOSIT].THE CHAIRMAN HAS DIRECTED ME TO SEEK FOR A RELIABLE PERSON WHO WILL SECURE THE FUND ON HIS BEHALF. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS PROPOSAL KINDLY EMAIL TO

ME YOUR:

1. TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS,

2.RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS.

I WILL COMPENSATE YOU WITH 25% OF THE FUND AND 5% OF THE FUND WILL BE USED FOR EXPENCES THAT MAY BE INCURED INCURSE OF CLAIMING THE FUND AND THE BALANCE OF 70% WILL BE FOR ME AND THE CHAIRMAN.FUTHER DETAILS ABOUT THIS TRANSACTION WILL BE DISCUSSED IN THE SUBSEQUENT CORRESPONDENCE.

THIS TRANSACTION IS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL BUT 100% RISK FREE. NOTE ALSO THAT THE PARTICULAR NATURE OF YOUR BUSINESS IS IRRELEVANT TO THIS TRANSACTION AND THIS TRANSACTION IS EXPECTED TO BE CONCLUDED WITHIN 15 WORKING DAYS SINCE ALL LOCAL CONTACTS AND ARRANGEMENTS

HAVE BEEN PROPERLY PERFECTED FOR A SMOOTH AND SUCCESSFUL CONCLUSION OF THIS TRANSACTION. IF THIS PROPOSAL IS ACCEPTABLE BY YOU, PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR INTEREST

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

MR.SALIM BELLO.

we had a right laugh when fidgits decided to wind one up and publicize it in gold.

Even got the guy to Draw "sodomize me" on a board and take a photo of himself... well funny

we had a right laugh when fidgits decided to wind one up and publicize it in gold.

Even got the guy to Draw "sodomize me" on a board and take a photo of himself... well funny

I'm planning on having some fun with this idiot....any favourable results will be posted :lol:

haha

I know someone who was scammed by something like this a few years ago,

he was new to the internet and thought it was real, even though everyone else told him it was a scam.

he ended up loosing 7 grand in the end as well as his marrige (so not all bad then)

he sent them various amounts of money for all kinds of things ane each time he recieved another email thanking him and saying eveything was on track for his 2million to be transfered.

eventually he got an email telling him to goto amsterdam with the deeds to his house and personal papers to prove who he was. He went with a friend (who he had borrowed most of the money from) but no one ever showed up, and he heard nothing more since then.

I really cannot believe people are this stupid in this day and age.

haha

I know someone who was scammed by something like this a few years ago,

he was new to the internet and thought it was real, even though everyone else told him it was a scam.

he ended up loosing 7 grand in the end as well as his marrige (so not all bad then)

he sent them various amounts of money for all kinds of things ane each time he recieved another email thanking him and saying eveything was on track for his 2million to be transfered.

eventually he got an email telling him to goto amsterdam with the deeds to his house and personal papers to prove who he was. He went with a friend (who he had borrowed most of the money from) but no one ever showed up, and he heard nothing more since then.

I really cannot believe people are this stupid in this day and age.

it only cost him £7000 to get rid of his wife thats cheap at twice the price :D it is scary that people think they will get something for nothing although this does make u think of opening one of those you won an exclusive holiday phone comps lol

Is it really a scam or are they playing on peoples GREED :question:

Greedy people get conned

1. I am Afirican

2. I am a Nigerian

3. We are all not like that

Most of us here are honest and hard working

But there are the few who are into "419". Fraud to you and me

Unfortunately that is the stigma attached to Nigerians

Same way as Weed is attached to Jamacians

:lol::lol::lol: :D

Is it really a scam or are they playing on peoples GREED  :question:

Greedy people get conned

1. I am Afirican

2. I am a Nigerian

3. We are all not like that

Most of us here are honest and hard working

But there are the few who are into "419". Fraud to you and me

Unfortunately that is the stigma attached to Nigerians

Same way as Weed is attached to Jamacians

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D

It is a scam to con greedy people...

I have not having a bash at Aficans in general or at Nigerians in particular (I have worked in West Africa for almost 10 years and am married to a Cameroonian) but two clear points exist here:

1) If Africans put as much effort into legitimate enterprises as they did scams and 419's, the continent would be a much better place. Fewer people would die of malnutrition, malaria and other ailments because the level of confidence and investment (by other countries) would be much greater.

2) Anyone who believes they can line their pockets from such a scam deserves to lose their money.

If I had a Dollar for every 419 email or letter I received, I would have a tidy sum by now.

Check the link to this scambaiting site:

419 Eater

To mjmorse99

Did not say nebody is having a bash at nebody

Just stating a fact

as i get questions about Nigerians doing fraud

Me just a fun loving person

Hope to meet you soon at one meet or the other

Friends?

No wahalla, my Bro :winky:

lucky me, my wife is from benin city (edo), nigeria. so i know all those stories from first hand. :lol: well she is ashamed by times what those nigeriaans do. but that said, nigeria is not an country but many tribes in one border `we' made some time ago. :blush:

Got another one on the line, just took my bait & swallowed it whole....

This is a fun sport & don't cost $hit

BTW

I do not actively seek these idiots, they come to me, and I ***** with them no matter what colour of their skin.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links