Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Uk's Worst Is200

Hope you not sick of my moaning posts but I'll be honest I'm at rock bottom. Got more probs with my car......

Right bought the car with 58K on the clock from Lex Newcastle in Nov 03. Since then had the following problems. (Year2000 w)

Breakdown: Brake cylinder siezed at 70 mph nearly causing an accident

Breakdown: Flat Battery cause unknown though Battery replaced.

Creaking sunroof - Fixed under warrenty though shortly returned

Knocking Brakes - New pads paid for labour not £54

New Battery required - New Battery fitted by Lex needing replaced after 5 months

New clutch - Fitted under warrenty after 14 months of reporting the fault ever other month.

Seatbelt - New seatbelt fitted after child seat issues.

New head unit fitted twice- Under warrenty once on delivery once later

Bonnet holder upper pole - broken at Lex returned taped up with no explination.

New problem - fuel guage doesn't register when you put fuel in the tank.

Handbrake - adjustment required to stop it creakin £25

So far paid £500 to extend the warrenty, £54 for brakes, £25 handbreak, £360 tyres £280 servicing now reading 75K on the clock

Can anyone give me any advice on what can be done????

Is it unreasonable to think that 10 trips to the dealer, 2 breakdowns and £1200 is just too much for 15 months of ownership.

I know you guys love yours and I have faith the brand and car is good but I'm not kidding I hate mine with a passion......

Its being paid for with Lex finance over 5 years so you can imagine after 15 months the car is worth far less than I owe.....

Can anyone help or know anyone who can???? Open to any sugestions.....

I'm not kidding you guys Im really at my wits end so short of torching the F*****g t***g what can I do??????????

I've posted this before with almost no luck so please don't be shy :crying::crying:

Hope you not sick of my moaning posts but I'll be honest I'm at rock bottom. Got more probs with my car......

Right bought the car with 58K on the clock from Lex Newcastle in Nov 03. Since then had the following problems. (Year2000 w)

Breakdown: Brake cylinder siezed at 70 mph nearly causing an accident

Breakdown:  Flat battery cause unknown though battery replaced.

Creaking sunroof - Fixed under warrenty though shortly returned

Knocking Brakes - New pads paid for labour not £54

New Battery required - New battery fitted by Lex needing replaced after 5 months

New clutch - Fitted under warrenty after 14 months of reporting the fault ever other month.

Seatbelt - New seatbelt fitted after child seat issues.

New head unit fitted twice- Under warrenty once on delivery once later

Bonnet holder upper pole - broken at Lex returned taped up with no explination.

New problem - fuel guage doesn't register when you put fuel in the tank.

Handbrake - adjustment required to stop it creakin £25

So far paid £500 to extend the warrenty, £54 for brakes, £25 handbreak, £360 tyres £280 servicing now reading 75K on the clock

Can anyone give me any advice on what can be done????

Is it unreasonable to think that 10 trips to the dealer, 2 breakdowns  and £1200 is just too much for 15 months of ownership.

I know you guys love yours and I have faith the brand and car is good but I'm not kidding I hate mine with a passion......

Its being paid for with Lex finance over 5 years so you can imagine after 15 months the car is worth far less than I owe.....

Can anyone help or know anyone who can???? Open to any sugestions.....

I'm not kidding you guys Im really at my wits end so short of torching the F*****g t***g what can I do??????????

I've posted this before with almost no luck so please don't be shy :crying:  :crying:

Hi there... im sorry, but were u looking for advice from a tech perspective?... or somethin else ....(ie legal etc etc?)

If i were u, I'd probably sell the car (cut your losses) and refinance another IS from a better dealer. And probably get a good mechanic to do a full check on the next prospect IS before signing on the dotted line.

Since u've had so many problems in such a short time, there's a good chance that things will just get worse (especially with the electrical system .....) Sometimes, u just bump into lemons.... even mercs/bimmers etc ... they all have them in the market.

I guess i'm not much help ..... just my opinion i guess.

Have you tried a stern letter to Lexus UK head office detailing your complaints, with a comment that you may be contacting Trading Standards?

Lexus are proud of their JD Power customer satisfaction status and I'm sure complaints like yours won't help them retain the status.

Sorry you're so pi$$ed off!

I reckon your car has been mis-treated by a former owner. For all those things to go wrong with a 4 or 5 year old Rover would be a nuisance - for something of Lexus reliability and quality, virtually unheard of.

I'd really give the dealership a roasting, inform Lexus UK and see if you can get them to dig up any history on it. Was it serviced by Lexus in the past - or indeed serviced at all with that many problems? Really sorry you're having such a hard time of it.

If you check your finance, there should be a time before the end of your contract where you can just return the car.

All the stamps in the service book are Lex and all at the right times. The only unusual thing is the car has had 4 owner before I got it. One of the owners was actually a local garage (used car sales type) which I thought was a bit odd.

Anyway not sure how to structure a complaint what would I be complaining about the car or the dealership and to who???????

If I were you I would list and date(where Possible) the faults that have occured since ownership,Similar to the way you have posted, how many miles done between each fault and total mileage driven since car purchased,and cost of repairs

Name the dealership from whom you purchased the car, and the remedies and fixes by the dealer to these problems.Then send to Lexus GB asking for their advice on how to rectify all these problems, so that you can eventually use the car for the purpose you purchased it. Lexus GB should be able to follow up previous services and repairs if done by Lexus

Hope this helps

If I were you I would list and date(where Possible) the faults that have occured since ownership,Similar to the way you have posted, how many miles done between each fault and total mileage driven since car purchased,and cost of repairs

Name the dealership from whom you purchased the car, and the remedies and fixes by the dealer to these problems.Then send to Lexus GB asking for their advice on how to rectify all these problems, so that you can eventually use the car for the purpose you purchased it. Lexus GB should be able to follow up previous services and repairs if done by Lexus

Hope this helps

Do you think I should try this with the dealership Manager first because I've only ever dealt with the service dept.

All the stamps in the service book are Lex and all at the right times. The only unusual thing is the car has had 4 owner before I got it. One of the owners was actually a local garage (used car sales type) which I thought was a bit odd.

I think you're on to something there. If used by a garage as a run around or loan car I bet it got thrashed. 4 owners is on the high side too.

As it's a 2000 model and out of standard warranty, I would complain principally to the supplying dealer and list all those problems you've highlighted here. Although they may not do much for a nearly 5 year old car, it would not do any harm to inform Lexus UK of the problem also. They seem to lists after care and aftersales as a high priority so nows the time to test them out!

Let us know how you get on.

Hope this helps

Do you think I should try this with the dealership Manager first because I've only ever dealt with the service dept.

Sorry! thought you had.

By all means try the dealership,but also tell them you are sending a copy to Lexus GB as well

Hope this helps

Sorry! thought you had.

By all means try the dealership,but also tell them you are sending a copy to Lexus GB as well

The only thing I'm wondering is what I can reasonably expect them to do about it. They're always willing to take the car in and have a look at it but I'm gettin sick of paying £15 for insurance on the courtesy car as I've had so many. Part of the problem is I don't even know what I expect from them....

Lexus are generally nice people, so you never know what they may do in response to help you out- the only thing you can do is give it a shot. If you are writing to Lexus UK, it may be an idea to enclose photocopies of any repair/warranty invoices or repair reports etc just so they have more tangiable proof of what you are saying, even if they can look it all up on computer. Good luck with it all, and I reckon if they don't do much, it's best to cut your losses and sell it and try again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links