Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Oil Spec

deemac

I wish to purchase the corrrect oil for a service.

My manual says 5W30, but does not specify Fully Synthetic or Part Synthetic.

10W40 Fully Synth is easy to get and is specified for upmarket european cars,but I am a great believer in the saying, 'Nippon cars - Nippon Parts'!! and I want to stick to the Lexus spec.

Can anyone tell me what the right spec is? All my suppliers say Part Synth is OK, but somewhere I have read that it should be Fully Synthetic.

It is not an oil which is held in stock by any of my local suppliers.

5W30 is not really available in the UK as a full synthetic, either use 0W40 or 10W40.

If you are doing long runs and service your car more than once a year then semi-synthetic would be fine. You could even use mineral oil if you change it every 5k miles.

Lexus only state the specifications that need to be met, which are in the owners handbook. Any oil that meets those specs can be used.

Most Lexus dealers use fully synthetic oil but some also use semi-synthetic.

5W30 is not really available in the UK as a full synthetic, either use 0W40 or 10W40.

....................................................Most Lexus dealers use fully synthetic oil but some also use semi-synthetic.

So Lexus use 10W40 Fully Synth then?

I don't do many long runs and only do 7k a year anyway. My service intervals will be 10k, as per the book, so I don't want part snth then, do I?

• 1 month later...
i use castrol RS oil,full synthetic,seems the biz,or some lads use mobil one,same spec as RS.

I have just bought a GS300 MKI with 93 on the clock. When I start it up after an overnight, I get half a second of angry slap while the oil circulates. Would it be wise to use magnatec, or is this normal on a healthy Lexus engine? There is clean semi synthetic in there at the moment according to the service record (1,000 miles since change)

Anyone any Ideas?

I wish to purchase the corrrect oil for a service.

My manual says 5W30, but does not specify Fully Synthetic or Part Synthetic.

10W40 Fully Synth is easy to get and is specified for upmarket european cars,but I am a great believer in the saying,  'Nippon cars - Nippon Parts'!! and I want to stick to the Lexus spec.

Can anyone tell me what the right spec is?  All my suppliers say Part Synth is OK, but somewhere I have read that it should be Fully Synthetic.

It is not an oil which is held in stock by any of my local suppliers.

lexus use Mobil 1 in my is 200!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links